Thursday, August 26, 2010

Working 6 to 8 and loving every minute of it!

Hello Faithful Readers
As our adventure continues things change.  I started the day with a short night behind me, had to complete a report and get it out last night.  By morning it had been rejected and today I had to go back to shoot additional comparables, its OK though, this is the way one learns what lenders are expecting.
The girls were in rare form this morning, happy as clams, helping each other and just having a good time.  They ate their breakfast quickly and we started out early, seems the early part always bleeds away somehow but at least they were on time.
Once they were safely delivered I raced home for a bit of breakfast and then research for the day.  I left for Vacaville at 9:30 but today it took longer than the normal 1 hour so I was a bit late.  The homeowner was really interesting, he had a beautiful Shelby Ford, original and perfect parked in his garage along with a 56 blue and white ford.  This guy rebuilds engines, restores cars and is living the dream.  The home was perfect and they seemed very happy with each other.
Once I was through with Vacaville I headed down 80 to Oakland.  I had brought a hard boiled egg, a string cheese piece, water and a mocha.  That carried me along as I drove against fairly strong winds to Oakland.  Once arriving there the GPS took me to the door.  I was doing a field review of an appraisal that was completed months ago, it was done for quality control and so I had to supply additional comparables as well.  It took awhile winding around in the Oakland foothills but eventually I was done.  On the way out I found a Subway so had soup and sandwich.
Then it was time to head back to Bay Point to shoot two more comparables for the rejected appraisal.  Once I found them and shot photos I was back on the highway and arrived home around 5 pm.  I found no money in the mailbox but I was encouraged by a very nice card from a friend and two faith lifting cards inside.
One item of interest today was a letter from PNC mortgage.  They hold the first on my property.  Each November they adjust the interest rate and last year it was a whooper upward.  This year my monthly payment just dropped by $90, I'll take it and of course that is before any possible modificationn they might find for me.  At this point in my life $90 is very good news indeed.
Last evening I drove Marilyn up to her friend's home in Sacramento where she spent the night.  This morning she flew out of Sac and this evening I've been exchanging emails with her at her home in Rhode Island.  She is tired but happy to be home where she is needed constantly, how can young kids possibly live without the advice of a sage senior woman?  The house seems very quiet and even the dogs notice, they were extra excited to have me arrive home this evening.

So I'm sending you my best wishes this evening,

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment