Sunday, August 29, 2010

What a day this has been!

Finally a great day happened.  It all started with a very sleepless night, I was awake at 2, 3 and 4 but must have slept the rest of the time, not sleepy today.
Ken and I walked in the crisp morning air and upon returning I decided that a filthy car was not the way to travel today.  I found my car washing supplies and enjoyed removing all the bugs.  It felt good all day long to have a clean car and since it is black it really looks better when it is clean.
I first drove to Oakland and met with a very nice Mexican family who are short selling their home.  Then it was onto San Rafael over in Marin County.  the road passes right by San Quentin which is always interesting.  I first drove to the little house even though I knew I was over an hour early.  Then I selected the comps and started to drive them.  Once that was finished I drove back to the house and in a few minutes the agent arrived.  The little house was cute but the outstanding point was the back yard.  It is stunning with mature landscaping, flagstone patios, quiet sitting areas with benches, a trampoline, large patio areas and a wide variety of plants and flowers.
Once I was through with the house I headed home arriving before 6.  Now its 10 and I have the report for Oakland completed and emailed out.  I was paid for the Oakland appraisal when I was there and by credit card for the one in San Rafael so it was a blessed day financially too.  By washing the car at home instead of having it done in Brentwood I saved $11 and that more than paid for all the fuel for today's travel.  Not bad.
So I am looking forward to the upcoming week.  I've received marvelous input today from you regarding taking in boarders and all of it has been supportive and helpful.  I'm going to proceed with the process as well as work on the motorhome to get it ready to sell or rent.  I'm also going to look into beginning painting the trim on my house.  It needs to be soaked with paint so badly.

Thanks for the great feedback today.  Lets have a great week.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment