Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Walking the narrow line...

Dear Friends,
Well today came and went and I did not make the house payment.  While I had nearly enough to cover it paying it would mean I had nothing left to pay the many other smaller bills.  After consulting with two different people who are very aware of how getting a modification works I decided to not make the payment.  Instead I moved a large portion of that money into savings to hold just in case.  I'm hearing horror stories of it taking many months to finally have the modification completed but without it in the present financial climate I can no longer manage the entire payment.  Now ask me how I feel about this,  horrible.  I absolutely hate not making the payment, honoring my signature and commitment.  This is not the way I want to live at all.

I've spent most of today writing an appraisal for Valley Springs and it felt good to get it emailed out finally. Some reports require a lot more work than others, this one was challenging and ended up with comparables that ranged from 3 miles to 9 miles from the subject.  Considering that the guidelines require everything to be within a mile that takes some explaining.

At around 2 this afternoon I realized that I was very hungry.  After taking my blood and finding the sugar level at 85 I knew it was time to make some good food.  So out came the brown rice, the mushrooms, a package of mixed fresh veges for the microwave oven.  I heated the little fry pan to high, dumped a few mushrooms into the hot oil and stirred, then after they had been turned over I poured in brown rice and let it cook and ended up adding soy sauce for flavor.  The veges were cooked and the meal was incredible.  It tasted excellent and I took a moment to do an inner bow for taking the time to make something decent.

Tomorrow is Keanna day which is always a blessing.  I'll collect her from school at 12:45 and then we'll have an hour before she goes to gymnastics and then music class.  I learn as much from her as she learns from me and I find her inspiring, challenging and an overall delight.  What a huge blessing to live so near that I can do these weekly things with the kiddos.

I have had some very inspirational emails over the last few days with the wisdom of my classmates from high school and others.  They challenge me, lift me and inspire me.  Thank you very much.  One was especially inspiring today, a blog message written by a pastor on a campus of a college, it was written just for me and it has changed the way I view prayer, God's answers and my place in all of this today.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment