Monday, September 6, 2010

Art the wonder worker

Well Art came to visit, somehow I had forgotten that Art never just comes to chat.  He comes to work, how have I gotten to fortunate to have friends that show up and make things happen, wow.  Art took me to lunch which just happened to end up being a super lunch.  Then we came back and he just said, where do we start?  Well we chose the back deck and tonight it is power washed and fresh for the first time in a long time.  Then he said, well what is next?  So I fed him some fruit salad I had prepared this morning, I fill a Tupperware contained with grapes, strawberries, melon pieces and they are so good.  We feasted on fruit with a bit of low fat whipped cream.
Next Art chose to install the dinette in the motorhome.  It was hot inside when we started but Art does not mind hot, he hardly notices it.  I turned the central AC on and slowly it got better inside.  We unbolted the oak table and took it and the chairs outside, then we moved the dinette pieces into place, then we discovered that the hardware store in town was closed, we needed 30 2 inch wood screws, bolts for the seat belts and other things.  Because of Art we made great progress today and he sent me back into work on an appraisal so I did that while he was slaving outside in the heat.
It feels very good to have so much progress in one day.  I've dreamed of the deck being cleared for sometime and Art took that dream and turned it into reality.
Thank you for reading this evening, what a blessing it is to have friends who care enough to speak up, advise and counsel and step forward to be helpful.  With family and friends like these one is truly rich.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment