Sunday, September 19, 2010

On Cruise Control

Dear Family and Friends,
After yesterday and the horrible night of little sleep last night I woke not knowing what to expect.  All the same negative factors that hovered over me during the night were still there and for awhile it was hard to shake the funk, the walk with Ken helped in the cool morning air.  A good stiff shower also helped and a light breakfast got the day started.
First I cleaned the kitchen, the dishwasher was clean so those dishes had to be put away, the counter was piled high so those were loaded and they were just enough to justify running the machine.  With the counters clear I felt better.  A few hours later after reworking a couple reports I decided on a decent lunch.  I opened a can of Salisbury steaks, heated one with brown rice, sliced a fresh tomato from Art and Connie's garden and poured a large glass of no caffeine and no calorie diet coke over lots of ice.  Lunch was great and the ear of corn warmed in the microwave was perfect.  For the sake of learning I opened a package of croissants that I had purchased on a whim awhile back, sure they were out of date but who cares.  I decided to make them in my little toaster oven.  I learned that you don't bake them on a grate, they need a hard surface under them, still they came out tasting great and Starr and I enjoyed them.  I kept half of the little cardboard can in a baggie in the frig, I hope you can do that.
I have to admit I've had several cat naps today in my chair, last night was so awful, I was just awake with every horrible scenario running through my mind and nothing I could do to shake them or just go to sleep.  Finally at some point after 2 am I did fall asleep until the alarm woke me at 6:40 for the walk.  I intend to sleep well tonight.
Late this afternoon I invited Ray and Lois to travel with me to CostCo and PetCo for needed supplies.  We had fun and caught up on the news in each others lives.
So good night my friends and family,  I love you all, we just need to hang together and someday we'll all be through this time of despair, things will get better eventually.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment