Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And the hits just keep on coming...........


Bam, crash, no not batman, it was my bug getting crunched in a collision with a BMW.

Steve and I had just completed an appraisal of a local deep water home.  We were driving back to his house and in a busy intersection we were in the second lane with a UPS truck beside us, we had the green and were up to speed, that is until suddenly there was a beemer in front of us turning against the light.  Crash and crunch was the sounds and the bumper flew off the beemer and parts were everywhere.  My headlight was in the gutter, the fender torn and hanging.  Steve jumped out and started picking up pieces of the beemer's wrecked bumper and caught up with the LADY driver.  I then made a u turn in the street and drove over there as well since my car would still go.  She was so sorry and kept asking for forgiveness, we were all OK and her husband soon arrived.  He was a police officer and we traded info and then went our ways, several of the drivers who had witnessed the wreck stopped to give me their cards or phone numbers in case I needed confirmation that I was in the right, some began to attach her verbally and we urged them to go.

She was in the turn lane, the first car to go when the light turned.  When the light turned green she had her head down working with a book on tape in the seat.  She failed to go and the 5 cars behind her were honking, suddenly she heard the honking and just stomped on the pedal in spite of the fact that the turn light signal was now RED.  I was a bit shaken, not physically but mentally.  I have so much going on, started the day off talking to a new york lawyer about the lawsuit against me, he was on my side and said there were lots of rather silly lawsuits happening now as lenders want to blame someone for the bad loans they made and appraisers have insurance and are easy patsies.  That went well, then there were other calls including a couple from satellite TV installers who were responding to my plea for help with my Christian dish.  But they wanted $150 to come out to get it set correctly.  I'm not paying $150 when the guy from Tracy says he will come for $50, that is if you can get him to call you back ever. 

Keanna arrived about 9:30 and was here for most of the day.  She knew I needed to work and she was very kind, never bothered me and just played, cleaned the fish tank, ate jello and popcorn, watched some TV.  At 2 I emailed the 4 plex appraisal out to the lender after starting at 9 this morning.  Easy money, yea right.
We drove to McDonalds for a happy meal which she ate while we drove to gymnastics.  Then I communicated with clients and watched her as she learned ever more difficult moves.  At the end of the session she had urged 5 stars, a big leap forward.

Then I drove to where Kallie is kept and picked her up, that is always a hoot as she runs over to hug my legs, then scurries to find her shoes, blanket and bag.  We drove home and then Steve and I retraced our steps to see the house.  Yes it was very warm today and neither of us felt like working but money is money so we did it.

This evening I slipped off the Weight Watcher band wagon when Lois said lets go to McDonalds for ice cream.  Oh it was so good, now its time for bed.

I rarely find life boring, lonely perhaps but not boring, with wonderful little kiddos, caring family, great friends and hosts of clients life just keep hopping along.

I'm thankful to our heaven Father for safety today, that we were not injured in any way.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment