Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sweating the small stuff

Dear Friends and Family,
This morning for a change of pace we went to the park, Starr was so excited she could hardly cope and Lady was just bouncing off the walls.  I walked slow enough so as not to tire Starr out and she made it the whole way on her own legs.  She did sleep quite a bit the rest of the day though.
When I came back from the walk I quickly had a bowl of cereal, Stripples, a single piece of toast and a banana with soy milk.
This morning found me dealing with items that had been put off, paying little bills now that money has come in and paying off the Marriott account completely, that felt great.  Now I can turn around and sell it when and if the market ever improves or use it for those needed getaways.  It has long been on the list to get paid off freeing up money for more important things.  Mid morning the loan company called.  The lady could not have been more kind and helpful.  She gave me the number of a HUD counselor. Finally I was off the phone with her after stating very clearly I did not intend to lose the house, I just needed a lower payment for a couple years until the economy picked up.  I called the HUD counselor.  Amazingly he was located in a little cabin 20 miles from anyone in Maine.  He was very helpful and quickly determined that the monthly payment based on my current income should be about $1,600 a month instead of $2,600.  He gave me numbers of local non profit credit counselors that will help me submit my information to my lender in a manner that is more likely to be considered seriously.  All in all it was a very helpful experience and left me with peace.  The the manager of the bank I use called to discuss my unhappiness with the mess I learned of yesterday.  She was also very helpful and compromised by reversing most of the charges.  In the process I learned that her husband has been laid off three months ago after working for many years.  He is an electrician, once owned his own business and is scrambling to survive.  It seems to effect nearly everyone right now. 
While the mail brought no new money it did contain a letter from the State Controller.  I had applied to obtain $63 that had sat in the states coffers for years, like a dead letter office.  Phyllis had told me about the money from a search she did on line.  Todays' letter stated that since I owed the state money the $63 was being applied to what I owed.  That was fine with me, made sense.
During the day another order came in for Discovery Bay and they are paying a more reasonable fee of $300.  Another blessing.  This afternoon I did a driveby in Mountain House and tomorrow morning I'll write it up.  Late this afternoon I joined Steve at Keanna's soccer practice so I could take Kallie to the play area and he could focus on Keanna.  Kallie and I had a great time, she is a little scary as she climbs everything in sight, has no fear and smiles through danger.  Then this evening we went to a Mexican place in Brentwood that Steve and I love enjoy, the girls had fun too.  In the early morning I'm taking the motorhome over and Steve is going to tweak the stereo, something he is very good at.
So today was a day of dealing with little stuff that could have major consequences over time.  I'm so grateful for the work I'm receiving, for good health, for this wonderful time of the year and especially for you my friends and family.  Life is rich with you on board.

Love

tim
                                                      Kallie the speed demon hits the slides!

No comments:

Post a Comment