Sunday, September 26, 2010

The motorhome is in its best condition since when it was new

Dear Family and Friends,
As I was driving home from seeing two properties today in Fremont and Alameda I decided to call Steve.  I was calling to see when I could pick up the motorhome but was pleasantly surprised to hear his answer.  Dad, its parked in your driveway, what!  Turns out he had no only done a professional job of installing the new Kenwood radio and the speakers but he and Kallie (2 years old) had been cleaning.  He had even been on the roof cleaning, the dash sparkles, the windows are clear, the instrument panel glows and the new radio is just incredible.  It has a tiny remote so one can be anywhere in the motorhome and control the volume, the station selection, turn the CD on or the IPOD.  It lights up beautifully and works great.  He also tackled the control that you switch to select high medium or low speed for the dash AC and located the relay which appears to be high and miss, an easy item to replace.  What he did was nothing short of breath taking and is a huge boost to getting it ready to rent and enjoy.  All I can say is wow, yes Nikki you sure can pick em!
Kallie was so cute this afternoon, she was eating a frozen Popsicle and showing me her blue tongue, then she told me that she helped clean the motorhome, then as I climbed into my bug she told me she loved me.  Coming from a little 2 year old, its music to my ears.

Earlier in the day as I completed the inspection of a quadruplex and was standing at the streets edge three police cruiser roared up with lights flashing, guys jumped out with guns drawn and approached.  Wow, wonder what I did wrong was my first thought!  Turns out one of the young couples who lived upstairs must have had a fight or something, the police were looking for the guy, husband, boyfriend whatever.  A few minutes before I had been in their unit and everything seemed fine.  As I was driving away I saw more cop cars and they had him in handcuffs.  Just a little excitement to mix into a warm but beautiful day.

So once I arrived home I plugged the motorhome into a ground line, turned the AC on and just enjoyed the beautiful sounds from the radio, the clean interior, clipped a few stray threads coming from the carpet edges and prepared to put a new bead of sealer to keep rain water outside.  Now I'm washing all the linen as tomorrow the motorhome goes to Sylvia's for a few days.  It will be an overflow bedroom for guests coming from Japan to enjoy the reception for Kevin and his new bride.  I'm glad it can be used in this manner.

Right now its time to sleep.  After the rather late night last night I intend to sleep well tonight.  Thanks again for your comments regarding the purpose of the blog.  I love to hear from you and you and you.

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment