Friday, September 24, 2010

Why do I keep doing this?

Good evening,
I'm often asked why I keep blogging and I'm not sure I have a really significant answer to the question.  For one thing it signals the end of the day for me, a chance to wrap up a bit of the wisdom I've been touched with during the day, a chance to share with people I love and some who love me.  I also hope that from time to time you find your life enhanced by something that is shared.  Perhaps you load is heavy, your hope quotient is fairly low, your opportunities more limited than in the past, perhaps as we share ideas and war stories we will gain strength from each other.
I'm also trying to be transparent with some of the struggles one goes through as they move forward after a life shattering loss.  Grief groups have been vital, the common sharing of triumphs and tragedies, the search for meaning after all hope and normalcy is gone.  Plus the financial element which is certainly not the most important but it remains a reality that must be dealt with.  For some of you its been years since you were concerned about money, others are facing possible ruin right now and you can think of little else.  So I share, not out of victim hood or of victory but just what I go through.  No I don't share everything nor should I.  There are many private areas in a person's life that need to stay protected plus there are family and friend concerns that at time should never be shared.
So I'm doing this partially for me, its sort of like a journal but not really because I often hold back my real thoughts since they are too silly or depressing or not faith building.
Today I've enjoyed a morning of hard work, trying to get a review to be fair, objective and yet reveal flaws in an original report.  There were elements missing in his report so I went ahead and worked them and supplied them to assist underwriting in making their lending decision.  It took a long time, I did not even make minimum wage on this assignment but it is the best I could do and somewhere there is a buyer anxious to move into their new home and that was not possible until underwriting was sure that the value was supported.
After the report was emailed out I spent some time entering checks into the system so I would know who owes me funds and who has paid.
Then I called Steve and asked him how things were going.  I had taken the motorhome to his place this morning and he was working on replacing the radio, fixing the speakers and making it work well.  When I entered the motorhome in the early afternoon it looked as if a bomb had gone off and all the needed tools for radio installation were spread around.  He has everything one needs to do the job right, I am so proud of him and what he can do.  One of the speakers over the bed in the back had never worked and I had been told that a wire was crossed and no repair was possible.  Steve not knowing when to give up, plugged a new speaker in and it worked perfectly, the speaker was blown out.
We then took a quick trip to Tracy to Best Buy where Steve located just the right speakers for the job.  Then on the way home we picked up the wild girls, they were so happy that their mom was coming home.  Once we got to the house Steve hooked up the speakers and the motorhome rocked for the first time.  The new radio was not costly but has a remote control, nice for sitting on the couch and changing the station but also has a USB port so one can plug in a phone or IPOD and play music or recorded books right through the radio.  It works so well.  Steve now has to fashion a plate from plexiglass to hold the new radio in place and it will be done.  Once I can solve the dash blower problem then the major problems of the motorhome are dealt with.  It only blows on high but per the Internet solutions are available, I just have to work on it.
This evening I did a big of cheap shopping at Safeway, but it still came to $50. Then home to unload and unwind from the week.
I'll be glad to know Nikki is home safely from her business trip.  Jason and Jo are enjoying a nice quiet weekend with all the MBA students on home leave and in the morning at 8:30 I'm going to walk for Diabetes in Brentwood, why not, its 3 miles and I'd walk them here anyway.
My advice to you is that you enjoy the weekend, whether rich or poor concentrate on loving people, near and far from you.  Investing in people is never wasted.
I've had a couple chances today and I share them not because I'm good but as an idea starter.  As I was leaving McDonalds with the girls dinner tonight suddenly right in the middle of an intersection an old Bronco sputtered to a stop, the owner jumped out and was trying to push it up a little hill to get it out of the way.  So I jumped out and joined him pushing, it was just enough and we quickly got it out of the way.  Later as I was leaving Safeway I noticed a lady trying to capture her little dogie and get him in the car.  He was just keeping out of reach of her and playing a dangerous game.  Dangerous because a few feet away heavy traffic was thundering by.  So once again I jumped out and ran over and worked with her driving the dog to her until it was concerned enough about me that it went into her arms.  For my valor I got a huge bear hug from her.  Who knew you could meet chicks so easily!!

Good night all,

Love

tim

2 comments:

  1. So....you inspired me to be more aware and involved when it comes to helping people you see in distress, or simply needing a hand. Your blog is indeed serving a purpose. There............there's the reason you keep on!
    Love you, my friend.
    Judy (Cate)

    ReplyDelete