Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh the traffic

Good evening
Today I experienced long waits due to terrible traffic accidents.  While waiting the temptation is to grow hot under the collar yet if one just stops and things, if they had been earlier they might be in the middle of the accident ahead instead of just waiting in traffic.
The first was an accident that brought 580 to a crawl and reached from Castro Valley nearly to Pleasanton.  Once I had been in the crawl for awhile I reached for my Thomas guide, found a side road, took it and bypassed the terrible truck burning accident.  This evening at 8:30 I heard that the trucks had just been cleared.  On my way to have dinner in Stockton traffic slowed and then came to a halt.  The cause, a vat used for hauling tomatoes fresh from the field to the cannery had broken its cables and slid to the pavement.  Two little cars were trashed from hitting each other as a result that that huge fiberglass vat coming at them.  It was a mess, one second they are racing along at 70 and then here comes this vat and their lives are changed forever.
We live in a fast world, slowly somewhat by the financial crisis but still a fast moving world.  Are we more loving because we can connect all the time through texting and cell phones?  I doubt it, what will come next that we "must have".  Where it not for relationships what would be worth living for.
Oh heaven seems so far off.

Have a great weekend and make an extra effort to love the one you are with, yes I mean you.

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment