Saturday, September 11, 2010

They are so cute

Dear Family and Friends,
There they were, at the door, in their little church dresses smiling and ready to give me a hug around the knees.  Keanna and Kallie were ready to go.
They talked, argues, shared and jabbered all the way to Tracy.  Then Keanna went her way and I took Kallie to Kim's class.  Today there were several little kiddos including Luke.  He is the grandson of Loren and Emily Dunston and he is something special, his eyes are incredible and he is obviously a very bright boy, at least Grandma Emily sure thinks so.  Kim had a busy program and the little ones just love it.  They even love snack time.
There is something so profoundly enjoyable about being with the kidos.  I always feel like I'm carrying on for Nan, you got to know how much Nan would have loved being with the kiddos so here I am, for some strange reason I got to stay alive and she didn't so I'd better do the right thing for the kiddos, she is trusting me to care for them.
Although I often keep Sabbath differently than I did in the past I continue to revel in its rest, in its set apart time for relief from the heavy cares of life and I find it very special to walk into the church entry and be greeted by the warm members of the Tracy SDA church.  What a precious bunch of people, not a bad one  in the bunch, just children of God attempting to reflect Him to each other and the community.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment