Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Its hot

Here we are at 9:25 and the central AC is still cranking tonight and the temp is set at 78, that is warm.  Somehow I thought we were ready for a good fire in the wood stove, wrong!  At least not yet.

Its still a very nice time of year with nice sunsets, gentle breezes and yes some warmth for a few days.

I'm once again looking for orders, its about time to see some new work come in.  We are down to the last order and we are seeing that one tomorrow afternoon.  What a strange time we are in, so different from all prior years where work just kept piling up to keep Steve and me busy, not now.

This evening I noticed there was an overnight mailer on the front porch.  I ripped it open and found a cashier's check for $3,500.  Turns out it is from the dad of the young lady who wants to rent the room, well I think it is a scam somehow but I'm not sure how.  She is supposed to arrive on Oct. 15 but I've learned there is not way I can confirm that the cashiers check is genuine, I learned that several years back when a cashiers check arrived for $15,000 for the Fiero.  I had the check around for a very long time but nothing ever came of it, there was no more contact from the buyers and the bank said the check was bogus.  So here I have this check that could come in very helpful yet I don't dare count on it at all.  So the next few days should be very interesting indeed.  To make matters even more strange the young lady who wants to rent included a photo of herself.  Now why would someone do that so they can rent a room?  Very  confusing.

Well its time to head to bed now, for some reason Starr is barking at my back, perhaps she has decided its time to go to bed, I'm not sure what is in her little mind.  This morning Steve and Keanna came to visit and Keanna started to clean the tank, Taz, their new little rescue puppy was meeting my dogs and suddenly there was life in the house again.  It was great.  Gradually he is moving items from my tank to his tank and eventually he will take the fish there too.  I have a 12 inch spiney starfish that is really interesting and I hope it makes the transition well to Steve's tank.  Once we move the tank then I can finish the paint job Dana started so long again when she was here, she painted and I helped turning the living room and dining room to a pale green but we could not get behind the 92 gallon reef tank so there are still while walls there.  I'm thinking it is time to part with the freezer as well.  I am thinking it is nearly 30 years old now and of course probably uses a lot of energy in the hot garage.  I hardly ever open the door.  Its things like the freezer that can gradually surround a person in essence choking them with expense yet yielding very little to the true quality of life.

This evening I took a break and joined Ray and Lois for discount pizza night.   The salad and olive pizza was great and I have enough for a few more meals.  It was good to catch up on their lives.

Well my friends and family, I'm giving up on this day, slipping it into the history books and anticipating tomorrow, a day when Keanna comes to visit, when we travel to gymnastics class and for a few hours everything seems right with the world again..

Love to all,


tim

1 comment:

  1. If you think it's a scam it probably is. Please be careful, my friend!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete