Sunday, September 5, 2010

Wow

Good evening
So much to tell!  Ken and I walked our big three and then I determined that I would use the first cool hours to dig out the dinette from the inner recesses of the third car garage.  For those of you who have seen the wall of precious treasures contained there you know that breaking into the inner hidden regions would not be easy, it would take a full assault.  At first I displayed timidity as I moved a few boxes out into the sunshine but eventually I just waded in. Ray came to watch and soon was deeply immersed into the project.  What one finds is a mixture of past painting projects, large amounts of Christmas figures, angels, lights, wrapping paper, decorations, you name it.  There are also large doses of class work for travel classes, boxes of items from each office we have moved from, comfort items to help Nan's suffering from tumor pain, foot warmers, chair massagers, booties, heated blankets powered by 12 volt, medical equipment, bandages, boxes of ostomy supplies, adult diapers, fake Christmas trees, books and boxes of kitchen equipment that Sylvia has ready to sell at a future garage sale.  Finally we arrived at a point where we could extricate the dinette pieces and move them to the motorhome where they will be installed soon.
At this point I had to make a decision.  Would I just cram everything back into the same space or would I sort it box by box to find what could be trashed, saved for a yard sale and saved for personal keeping inside the house.  My trash can which will be collected in the morning is crammed full, that is great news.  I have many empty boxes now and the ones that are full are packed with future yard sale items.  What was the delightful part of the day was coming across memorabilia from past trips, when the kids were young, photos that are so precious of them which I can't wait to share with them.  I came across a huge file of collected items from when Jason ran the Olympic Torch, diplomas for both Nan and myself.  To help keep the project going in the heat of the day I put out the awning on the motorhome and with a cool breeze blowing through I was able to just keep working.
Eventually I had to move the items back into the garage but this time there is a huge stack just waiting for the right time for a yard sale and a smaller stack of paint cans and Christmas things I do plan to keep.  I only made it through half the garage today but its a lot of progress, a lot of discovery's and it feels good to have this much accomplished.
This morning Ken was looking at the switch which has been causing so much trouble in the motorhome, the one that sends a signal to the rear bedroom TV from the DVD or the antenna.  Ken looked closely and discovered that there was a break in the wire, no wonder signal was not getting through so right now I have the switch and a soldering iron on my desk and I'm repairing the break.  A cheap solution to a nasty problem, one more repaired item on the long list.  Yes!
So I am sending best wishes to all of you, enjoy your labor day holiday.  And greetings from our whole family to your family.
Love to all,

Tim
PS  I've been corresponding with an enjoyable lady from Ceres today through E Harmony.  She has a sense of humor that is delightful and a willingness to be honest about her positives and what she perceives as her negatives that is refreshing.  Only the Lord knows the future but I'm enjoying the back and forth of the emails.  She is nurse and assists physicians in some special manner.  I didn't catch it all but she stays busy and has extra shifts this holiday of 15 hours each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment