Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to work

Dear Family and Friends,
You know you really are dear to me, I love people, I love to get to sit and talk with them or have phone calls.  I am blessed with great family and good friends.
After stomping around the lake this morning Ken and I parted ways.  Today for a change I had a tight schedule so I got to it.  My first stop was in San Ramon.  It was a beautiful home with one side edging to an open area, views of Mt Diablo and other foothills from the back patio.  The interior had been updated and was in perfect condition.  No wonder it is in contract for over $800,000.  Yes homes do sell for that much still if located in the right area and with the right features.  Shooting the comps for that home took some time, many are behind security gates and one has to talk his way through the gates for each comparable.
Then it was off to have lunch with a dear friend who has been in the business forever, well at least 15 years.  We talked until after 1 pm and then she left to go back to work and I left to head back to San Ramon for the second appraisal.  By now it was hot outside and the second home got me a bit warm.  Still I handle heat so much better this year compared to last when I was heavier and had not been walking or to the club as much.  The comps proved to be located all over for this one too and I drove into the driveway after fighting my way through traffic at 6 pm.  Now I'm just back after having a sandwich with Lois at Quisnos in Brentood.  She had coupons that made it less expensive and then she paid so it was a total win for me, thanks Lois.
And now its time to start looking toward bed. Today brought me a new order for Discovery Bay and a followup inspection in Oakley which pays $100.  I'll do both tomorrow.  No its not like the old days where there was enough work to keep STeve and me both busy but some work is trickling in, I am grateful for what there is.
Nikki and Steve did a real service for me, they took the time to research what my Honda Odyssey is currently worth and what a shock, a pleasant one.  It is worth more than twice what I owe on it which was great news.  So if I decide to let it go I could see the loan paid off and several thousand for the savings or to buy a less expensive used car once the bug fails.  Thanks for doing the research Nikki and Steve.
Well one day into my rent a room idea and so far I've not heard anything, bummer.  My house cleaner Tanya is coming next Wednesday which will help whip the house into shape.  I intend to do repair work on the back deck and power wash it down as well over the holiday.

I hope your day went well.  For those of us in California the day was warm, for those on the east coast perhaps a bit windy!

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment