Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Good Afternoon with Ms Keanna

What fun, I mean really what could be better?  She comes bouncing through the gate with a pack on her back that's as big as she is, it rattles from all the toys she has attached to it and she hands it to me, grabs my hand we are off to find the car.  She starts telling me the latest news, about kids at school, about scrapes, about her sister, about mom and dad, I hear it all and smile.

Soon we are at the house and she starts her homework while I start her popcorn and grab a jello for her.  She finds a few more names she can write with the magnetic letters on the compactor and then starts her work.   Soon she is in my office and together we work through a pretty challenging bit of homework.  She is being trained to think, to remember, to spell and I'm impressed.

We leave at 2:15, pick up her music class homework bag at the house and arrive on time for gymnastics.  She quickly changes and then is gone to the other end of the huge room where she does balance beam and other dangerous stuff for the next hour.

Now we are driving across Brentwood to McDonalds, she is hungry and complains that it should take one minute to get there and its been an hour.  We arrive at McDonalds and she orders for me, a fruit smoothie, not a mocha so I acquiesce.  Its good and she enjoys her food but complains about some noisy boys, she wonders where their parents are to let them be so loud.

Now we are driving the last few blocks to Noah's bagels where her music class is held.  She darts into class, gives me a quick hug and I'm free.  So I order some stinky bagels for Lois, garlic and have a more normal one myself.

I'm off to Antioch to see a house that is finally a go, they asked me to rush it, then stopped me in my tracks, now I get to see it.  It is on a court and is very nice, at one point someones dream home, then a nightmare, now a new dream for someone else at half the price.  I measure, inspect the attic, photograph and am on my way, shoot comps, buy diesel and pick up meds at CVS then on home, the remember I needed to shoot local comp photos, yikes it is almost dark, now it is dark, they turn out OK.

Now its bedtime and I just emailed the report out, hope it is OK.

Good night,  being busy is a huge blessing.

Love to all,  Tim

This was the scene as I had my granola this morning, so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment