Wednesday, September 1, 2010

If this is the ride lets get on board

Dear Family and Friends,
As I write this evening my little room AC is cranking away as it is still warm outside.  I'm just in from mowing the lawn and edging it.  A few minutes ago after consulting with a number of people today I placed an add for my guest bedroom on Craigs List.  The listing is free and it allowed me to display 4 phots which I hope will help me find a renter.  I've contacted Tanya the house keeper to do a cleaning, its time anyway and I'll get to work on the back deck, try to make it more appealing.

Today at 12:45 I picked up an excited little girl who had helping on her mind.  Fresh from a terrible experience last night when Steve's fish tank suddenly started to leak a lot of water Keanna was set to be helpful in any way she could.  As she related the experience from last night she said that even Kallie helped soak up water from the flooded floors.  A seam just gave way.  It was a very sad setback for Steve as he has been getting the tank ready for weeks little at a time as he could.  Now what to do.

Keanna knowing my funds were tight did not ask for McDonalds but came home where I had Jello and popcorn for her.  She dove into her homework and I helped a bit.  I was facing a deadline to get a report completed and printed so I could deliver it when I was out this afternoon.  We made the deadline but Keanna helped a lot.  While we were out we ended up at McDonalds between gymnastics and music class.  Once I was in the building the wonderful IPOD came alive with email messages.  Amoung the messages were two appraisal orders from two different management companies.  Keanna looked up and said, pappa I have been praying that you would get work, it was a very special moment and her confident face was a winner.

So when I was through with Keanna and left her at her music class I came home and set up the orders.  I'll see them tomorrow morning and I'm very thankful for the opportunity.  Then its on to lunch with Sherri who has owned a couple mortgage companies over the years and has been a constant friend.  She is still pulling for me with various management companies and she asked for a lunch meeting.  Not only are we friends from business but she was very supportive during the time Nan suffered so much.  Now her precious Bill is failing fast and she knows a day is coming soon when she will face the same reality that I did.  She asked for the meeting wanting to discuss religion.  I view it as a great chance to thank her for all her help, friendship and now a sharing of ideas of how to cope.

This morning I waded into tough territory.  First I called my mortgage company to see if my documents seeking a loan modification had arrived.  Once the computer and the phone connected I was told by a message that my documents were received on August 20.  That was what I wanted to find out so I hung up.  Then I called Blue Cross since the new premium as of October 1st will be $1005 a month.  After being shifted a few times I finally spoke to a plans expert.  Unfortunately they cannot quote any new plan fees until the end of September.  They are busy trying to figure out how the new health plan voted by congress is to be implimented and at this point they have no idea of how to cope with the mess.  She told me to call back at the end of the month and then they might be able to help me.  She did say that if I take a much higher deductible the rate will drop considerably. 

After the Blue Cross it was time to try Citi Credit Card.  I've been noticing that they have not taken the normal $360 payment out that usually comes out of the account every 25th of the month.  Well turns out the plan, a 12 month agreement, has expired.  She said she could not give me a new plan until I missed a payment but she knew they could no longer give a 12 month plan.   She thought they could do something helpful but I'd have to wait until the middle or end of September to try.  As you can see I've been trying to shave monthly expenses whereever I can and I've had some success and expect to find more.

The contract for the motorhome rental came today and it makes great sense.  I plan to proceed with both the rental agreement and fixing up a few loose ends on the motorhome as well.  Either to sell or rent it needs to be in its best condition.

There comes a time when one has to just pick himself or herself up and face the fight again.  I feel I am engaged in the fight now and I'm really ready to enjoy this experience, the experience of facing changes that will only enhance the future, my future.  There are many things I can do to move forward and I'm trying to do them all.  Easy, no way, emotionally draining, absolutely but if it takes having someone living her, a sometimes renting of the motorhome, clipping back on waste in the budget so be it.  Your comments and shared inspirations have been like a transfusion.  Your willingness to engage in discussions sharing ideas and concerns is incredible and affirming.

So my dear friends, thanks for being there and I keep hearing from people I did not know were reading.  Thanks so much.

love

tim
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/roo/1932185298.html

No comments:

Post a Comment