Friday, November 18, 2011

And the week winds down

I've just come from tucking the girls, Kallie and Keanna in for the night.  Nikki called to see if I'd watch them while she and Steve went out to have dinner.  Well I jumped at the chance, had no plans other than sit in the recliner, much more fun to observe the girls in action.

Kallie finally went to bed and she read the books to me tonight, an interesting combination of all the cartoon characters in her stories, precious, then she settled in under her soft blankets and I prayed for her and kissed her little head.

Later Keanna decided to turn in and she read to me from a kids Bible I gave her last Christmas.  She says she reads from it every night, her reading is amazing, interesting, varied tones, expression, wow.  I had to stop her and remind her of the first time she told me that she would read the book that night.  Finally she settled in under the softest blanket in the world, just as her mom and day came home.

I've had a busy day, jumped up this morning after sleeping in, 8:30!!  Had breakfast, STeve came by with the dogs who wisely stayed out of the cold water.  Then I drove to Brentwood to see a property, then onto Kaiser to pick up contrast, no one had the prescription, someone had dropped the ball but 30 minutes later I had it in hand.  Then I headed to Tracy to see a place, this one had grandma watching 2 year old twins, we had fun talking grandchildren.  By the time I left Tracy it was time to eat so checking my wallet I found enough to cover soup and salad at Olive Garden.  The food was perfect and I have 2 dollars left.  Now if one or more of my lovely clients would pay up then I'd be back on easy street, right now I'm on the back alley until someone pays up.  Oh well its the Sabbath now, time to move life a different direction.

On Monday morning I have a CT scan, I start drinking the lovely stuff at 6:30, then 7:30 and then the CT scan happens.  I'll have blood work while I'm there too.  On the 28th I'll have hand surgery on the trigger finger.  Today has been a really bad day for coughing once again in spite of all the stuff I'm taking.

Sending love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment