Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

How strange it felt to wake to a quiet house on Thanksgiving morning.  For many years I would wake to the smell of pies baking, cottage cheese loaf cooking, the kitchen would be full of light and heat, various pieces of equipment would be strewn about, rolling pins, apple peeling machines, pots and pans, deep fryer etc.  And the TV would be showing the Macy parade with the balloon flying high, marching orders would be given as to setting the table, making sure things were ready.

Instead of bustling joyous activity there was nothing. The phone range cracking the silence, Ken wanted to walk, well why not so we did our thing around the lake in the morning air.  Then it was back to a shower and building a fire and settling down in the office to see if I could get some work completed.

Early afternoon I headed out to Tracy but stopped by Starbucks for a peppermint mocha, they have a special one that has only 100 calories and its great.  Then I drove to Jill and Roger's place, a friendly bunch of people where Steve spent part of his growing up years.  They are lovely people and Jill is a very special lady with so much love for kids, her kids, her grandkids our kids.  She makes the day.  The food was great and that was fun.

Finally I drove home and finished the appraisal I was to complete yesterday morning when I discovered the crashed computer.  Got to admit I worked slow and this evening I've been able to complete the report and get it emailed to the client.  This one is from an organization called Service Master, they provide leads for people who might need an appraisal.  Many of the leads are worthless but two have turned into appraisals so far.

So another Thanksgiving has slipped by and I honestly don't know what to think, to do about moving forward with a relationship.  I've found that to be fair to them they have to be given quite a bit of time and when the choice is between finding someone and producing work, well so far I've just gone with work.  I guess one comes to a place where they find it very hard to even consider that there might be someone out there that would be attracted to me, would get past my rough exterior to the love I am capable of sharing.  So of course it is easier to do nothing, to take no chances than to step out and risk.  While I don't enjoy being alone I've not been willing to do what it takes to find someone yet. 

I am thankful for the work load this fall has brought, for having Steve to work with me, for the joy of the kiddos.  I just love to hear Timothy on the phone or even Mia doing her baby messages to pappa.

Well tomorrow has more appointments to deal with and I even have one on an island now, you only get there by ferry, that should be fun and challenging, there is no address, only directions how to find it and how to slip by the fence for access.  Should be interesting.

Well until another morning breaks, love to all

Tim
ps so thankful for Jim's help yesterday, while my computer is not perfect it is totally useable thanks to his efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment