Friday, November 25, 2011

Working ranchettes today!

Good evening,
First off I must mention that I received an email from Karen, a middle american friend who Nan often communicated with through the GIST world.  When Karen writes I always just stop everything and enjoy her thought out words.  Her email today was so special and encouraging.  Words can be like wonderful presents, wrapped with care and delivered at just the right time.

I call my sister Sibyl but her daughter answered.  Sibyl has been through some pretty rough times lately and is back in the Intensive care after being moved to a rehab hospital.  We nearly lost her and only through intense work did they bring her back.  I know she would love to know we are praying for her.  She lives in Ohio and has demonstrated a real passion for life.

Today was a day of seeing little farms.  Last week a gentleman had called seeking an appraisal of two little properties with about an acre each.  He had called a lady appraiser but she was too busy to get back to him and didn't want to deal price wise at all.  Not so wise in the current world.  Anyway we struck up a nice friendship today and I enjoyed seeing the two properties.  Then I had an order for a purchase of a property on a single acre so at noon I did that one.  The seller was an older guy, recently remarried who was moving to the 55 and over subdivision here in Brentwood.  A young couple was buying the ranch and they are getting a steal.  Yes there will be work cleaning up the grounds but the home is secure and well kept.  The guy was really funny and I hated to leave.

Then I set to work to shoot the comparables for all three properties.  It took a couple hours but I just started in Oakley and worked my way down through Brentwood, Knightsen and finally Byron.  The nice thing was that the first two were paid for on the spot!  Funny how that always urges one forward, the thrill of being paid!

Well now the Sabbath hours have arrived.  In a few minutes I think I'll get to have dinner with Nikki and girls at UNOs, yes I'm heading for the soup, so good.

I'm seeing properties on Sunday in anticipation of my Monday surgery.  Not sure how well I'll be able to work or type after the finger gets its little surgery but it needs to happen.  The pain is really quite intense at times and opening doors or making a fist is now out of the question at times.

Ray has consented to go with me to the surgery in Walnut Creek on Monday morning, hate to make him get up so early as he often stays up late at night but I do appreciate the lift.  The paperwork says I should have someone drive me and then it says I could probably drive myself, OK so which is it?  We are being careful.

I hope you enjoy your weekend with family, friends and your Maker.  Oh what a mess this world is in and I can only imagine how much He wants to bring his children home.

Love to all,

Tim

ps A nice thing happened today.  The guy I met this morning for the first two properties works at the local cemetary, where Nan rests and he said he could create a little device that will mark the spot where she is laid so we can know exactly the right place when we visit.  That will help until we can manage a marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment