Saturday, November 19, 2011

Low Key Sabbath

Dear Family and Friends,

I woke early this morning with several financial problems dancing through my mind.  Knowing it was early I dismissed them all and turned over for a bit more sleep.

At 9 I was at the gym to watch Keanna take to the floor in her basketball uniform.  It was so cute watching the little ones scamper around trying to dribble, not fall, not go out of bound.  Only a couple of the girls on each team had enough power to actually shoot a basket but they all tried.  It was great fun to see her in action and Kallie was so full of energy, she can't wait to get on the floor and do her thing.  She will be a force to contend with.

I had dressed for church so I left the gym but ended up spending time on the playground with the girls pushing them on swings and watching their little antics.  Once I neared Tracy I looked up to discover it was 11:50 and church would be over by the time I arrived.  So I consoled myself by going to Sonic and having a cheese sandwich and ice tea, driving home the scenic way. Once home I went over and visited Ray and Lois and then watched the Christian Dish programing for several hours.  Some of the stuff was b o r i n g.  I really tire of the same old topics repeated on several of the channels but there were good programs with interesting things to say.  One was amazing, Dr. McDougal was on the show along with an author who had written a book about autism.  They had discovered that by changing the diet, removing dairy and gluten the in a few days most of the behavior problems had cleared up and now the boy is 14 and lives a normal life, is an honor student.

This whole diet thing is very  interesting.  Because there is no money to be made in getting people to eating healthy normal stuff from the grocery store it does not get the same play as drugs and fancy medical solutions but I personally am more and more impressed that what we put in is what we become.  How I want to spend a week in Santa Rosa at the live in program Dr. McDougal is having in December but I can't afford it, over a $1,000 for the program, plus hotel room or RV parking plus a week of work lost.  The timing is just not right at this point.

This evening I went out and jammed a bunch of branches into garbage cans to sort of clear up the back yard area.  felt good to do something with my hands thought the pain from the trigger finger was pretty intense.  I had to be careful about lifting too much but I managed to get most of the brush put away.

Is it raining where you are tonight?  My brother reports snow and wind in Weed and oh the storms can be pretty awful up there.  He and Donna were staying put with a nice fire going to keep warm.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment