Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Family Gathers

Dear Family and Friends,

I slept in until past 9 this morning, perhaps I needed it.  When I climbed out of bed and checked the email I found that Keanna was playing at 10:15 so one energy bar later and a hot mocha on the go I arrived.  Now I did move very fast but enjoyed seeing Keanna scamper over the field and do her very best.  But walking make something else happen and there was a porta potty there nearby to celebrate it.

I drove home just in time to meet Jason and Jo, then after a few minutes of discussion we headed for UNO's and had a wonderful lunch.  It so much fun to have Timothy, Keanna, Kallie and Mia all at one table eating and having fun.  It felt very meaningful to me to be there and enjoy their love.  The little ones are frightened and fascinated by the little holes in my tummy where the surgery was done.

I've had no pain meds today but did take one yesterday afternoon.  In the morning I see my first house at 9:30 in Clayton, a 30 minute drive through the backroads, then I hurry over to Tracy to see another home.  Once that is done I'll drive back home to work up some of the very important properties that need to be completed.

How can I begin to thank Barb and Gerry for their time spent here caring for me.  They were fun, compassionate, helpful and guarded me helping me be safe.  I miss them.

I also want to pay tribute to Ray and Lois who drove me home from the hospital after the surgery.  What kindness to drive all the way out there and bring me home.

Now I'm ready to get back to walking again, back to the club for spin class and ready to regain my strength.

I've heard many sad tales of others who had bursting appendix and three week stays in the hospital.  I'm very grateful to the excellent staff at kaiser who did everything just right.

Sending love to all,

love

Tim
ps Steve hope the jaw is better, root canals are no fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment