Friday, November 11, 2011

Whoops, I think I missed a night

Dear Family and Friends,
Jerry says I missed blogging last night, he is once again right.  I was very intent on completing a report last night and getting ready for today, then the clock began to catch up with me and I knew today had to start at 6 am to get everything completed before I had to be in Brentwood at 10 am.  So I was pretty much locked into the clock and I just totally forgot to write.

I did get up at 6 this morning and after a very hot shower I sat down here in the work chair and started cramming out work.  Before long the research for the day was done and it was 7:30.  Knowing I had to leave at 9:30 I waded into a million dollar relocation appraisal for San Ramon.  At 9:30 I had made good progress and let the agent know the report would be filed today.  So when the inspection of the Brentwood property was over I raced back home, completed the relo report and then left for Tracy for a 1:13 arrival.  It was a tenant occupied property and I never want to cause renters grief as they get no benefit from the appraisal at all.  This renter was very nice, the property was perfect and before long I was back in the car heading to Castro Valley, about a 45 minute trip.

The Castro Valley property was stunningly beautiful.  It had a 180 degree view of hills, valley and even distant Mt. Diablo.  The owner was a gentle lady with two teens who seemed to love life and enjoys her home.  The home was large and measuring it took awhile, at that time of day I begin to slow down and I have to be more careful to make sure everything is covered properly.  I did feel relief when the last comp photo was shot and I could head home.  By then it was raining softly and as I was listening to a book the trip home went quickly.

This evening was so different than last week when Barb and Gerry were here.  I found some whole wheat noodles, a can of soup and had a tasty meal.  They had left a loaf of bread that was so good, I've stretched it all week having a slice now and then.  I had another slice tonight and it was very good.  I'll need to take note of the wrapper before I pitch it as I would like to locate another loaf from the same company.

I get to take the girls to SS in the morning.  It will be fun to see them in action again, I know Keanna will miss Sylvia but she enjoys the rest of the crew and I know Kallie will love her program no matter who is in charge.  I think there may even be an olive garden lunch there somewhere, hope so.

I am so thankful for the Sabbath time again.  Must say that I'm back to full speed again, no extra pains and in spite of the surgeons phone call I feel pretty good.  Yesterday afternoon the surgeon called to say that yes there was a tumor and it had a name, one I did not catch but it appears that they cut wide enough margins to have gotten all of it.  I'll see an oncologist this coming week to be sure I guess.  Seems quite different to be going to an oncologist myself, a first since it was always Nan before.

I want to once again thank all of you that called, sent cards, helped out in various ways.  I do appreciate not being alone when something the appendix hits.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment