Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The pain is real, friends and family are better

Good evening,

What an interesting day.  I was concerned about how I would be able to sleep last night, well I guess I worried about it for a couple seconds and then I slept the night away, at 7 something I woke and needed to visit the bathroom, that is when the pain hit.  Getting up seemed impossible but of course I made it and got to the bathroom but was diappointed, no real action took place.  Then I drifted back to bed and the next time I woke was past 8 am.  That time I got up to stay.

Barb and Gerry were very helpful during the day, we had a great but simple breakfast.  Shortly later I shuffled through the kitchen to discover gleaming sinks, so white and perfect, counters were clean, wow Barbie knows how to clean. 

Gerry swept the garage and tidied up outside and at 12:45 we went to pick up Keanna.  She was delighted to see Gerry and Barbie.  After she did her homework she and Barbie drove to Brentwood to the dollar store, Dollartree and they had a blast. Keanna purchased a very thoughtful card for me, I mean it was just perfect.  She said other cards did not have the right message and this one did.  She got a coloring book for Kallie and little Christmas boxes to store things.

Eventually they came home and Keanna was so pleased to give me the card.  This evening Lois and Ray came over with water mellon and ice cream and we enjoyed time together. Right now Ray is helping Barbie get her new laptop up and running. It is a beautiful machine but challenging.

LeAnn came over this afternoon to check up on me, I wish I knew all she knows about eating and doing the right things for diabetes.  Kens latest numbers came down a lot, great news.

Tomorrow we venture out, we have to see a place in Sac and then in Roseville.  Pretty sure I'll be tired before I get home and so will Gerry.

Sending love to all, will be glad when I don't hurt with every move.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment