Monday, November 21, 2011

Checks

After a week, a very dry week income wise today the dam burst.  I went to the bank with a deposit that was larger than many entire months income.  I was humbled, excited and relieved.  One check was the largest I've received in several years and another was the largest that company had ever sent.  So for another month the house payment is made and I can even buy groceries again. 

In the morning I'll be at Nikki's door at 6:30 as Steve is out of town helping a friend and the girls need to get to school, have breakfast and face the day.  Then Keanna will come with me for the day.  I mostly am working in so that should not be a problem.  I hope to get the motorhome to the glass repair guy tomorrow to get that process started.

There is a subtle feeling that creeps in when you don't have enough money to even buy fuel for the car, a quiet despair seeps into your thinking and nearly everything that comes to mind has to be set aside because there is no money to do it.  Before I drove to an appointment this afternoon in Milpitas I raided the bank and found about $7 of coins that I took with me just in case.  Then the mail finally arrived and with it the grip around my chest loosened and things took on a nicer hue.

I have been so blessed this fall with the amount of work that has come in and STeve and I have both benefitted from the work.

This morning at 6:45 I started drinking  banana smoothies, yep, the contrast for the CT scan, then at 7:45 I had yet another one, same delicious taste!  At 8:45 I was in the waiting room at Kaiser and at 9:15 I was still in the waiting room, finally I went in and settled in on the lovely couch in front of the big circle, the CT scanner.  After dropping my drawers and my arm she slipped an iv in and we were set to go.  The whole process only takes 10 minutes but its not really bad and my co pay was just $50, with no credit cards available I wrote a check!  And they took it!

Now I drop by on Wednesday for blood work so I can resume Metaformin, seems what they inject and some drugs can be hard on the liver.  Then sometime soon I see the oncologist and then the surgeon for the trigger finger and then someone else. Great system, love it and I'm thankful to be on board.

Friend Art called a few minutes ago, sounded a bit tired after being in SF for the day with son Matt.  Sometimes it can be a lot of hard work having fun!

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment