Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Day in the my life

Up at 6:15 and ready to walk with Ken at 6:30.  41 degrees outside, time to locate the gloves!

Breakfast of cereal, soy milk and a slice of the bread I baked last night.

Do research for day

Leave for El Cerrito at 8:30, arrive in El Cerrito at 9:30, promised lock box key is NOT there, phone calls later I am given the code to a backup box, get the key and go in, find little house, 616 sf with promised 2 bedrooms actually has one bedroom with closet and a door that opens into the next so called bedroom but lacks a closet but which is connected to the only bathroom.  House is selling for $92,000.

Drive around in less than ideal neighborhood and shoot photos, always interesting experience!

Leave on time for Pittsburg for second appraisal, nice home, teen age daughter greets me and offers to carry the ladder, I let her as I'm not supposed to be lifting yet.  Nasty attitude found in dogs in the back yard, eat appraiser!  Hope the lease holds for a bit longer, it does.
Non english speaking mother offers me some great tasting orange juice.  I drink bribes, love them.

Then time enough for lunch, GPS says Burger King is near so have a vege burger, side salad and ice tea, tastes great.

Off to Kaiser but park in wrong lot so a long walk later I arrive at surgery, sign in, pay $30 and am called in a minute later. 
Surgeon is informative, yes I had a tumor that was cancer, path shows they got all of it, he prints me out a copy but refers me to oncology and GI for colonoscopy, they will call for appointment, great, I just love to prepare for these special moments!

Back into the car, buy a cookie from snack shop in Kaiser.  Drive to Disco Bay and find person home early for appointment, see house, shoot comps, drive to second house, find lovely owner, I mean a really terrific lady, they manage condo's in Maui, interesting world indeed.  Perfect house, as I'm leaving she says, wish her mom lived closer, would love to have her meet me!  Nice thought.

Dark now and home to fix a little dinner, make a smoothie and set to work again.  Jerry calls, Ray drops by, I catch a bit of Miami CSI while eating.

Spend evening fixing little things that have come up with past reports, one needs the patio sketched in, another needs sale price changed as buyer and seller have agreed to lower the purchase price, no reason given, someone is contesting a value, why didn't we give them a higher appraisal?  I'll take a hard look and probably find them a couple more dollars. 

Cold call, my wonderful house keeper Tanya has referred me to someone needing two local appraisals, cash and all that.  I cut a deal for the two, very grateful to Tanya, will go have lunch where she waits tables and leave a huge tip in appreciation for her referral.

I now know on the 28th in the morning they will operate on my trigger finger.

So the day goes, God has blessed me with a safe day in the little Civic a very pleasing car to drive and one that rewarded me with 35 mpg on the last tank!  I've seen 4 properties, seen the doctor, eaten well, exercised and now even though there are a pile of reports to write I'm going to bed.  I've done enough and I'm tired.  Had another nice talk with my new friend as i drove today.  She is very busy with her kiddos too, we share war stories, so fun.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment