Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Warm fire, cozy office, plenty of work to do

Dear Family and Friends,

The alarm went off at 6 but I decided I needed more rest.  Once I did get up I found the day very depressing, so what does a guy do when depressed?  He makes some success, accomplishes something.  So Starr and I did the washing, built a nice fire using brother Jerry's wood and a nice piece of oak that has been waiting for a year to burn.  The fire held all day and brought a chilly house up to 71, perfect to work.  I've been in sweats all day, unshaved, slippers but this evening as I write I have the two oldest and most challenging appraisals completed and shipped out and one I saw Sunday is also on its way.

I was able to slip in pizza night with Lois and Ray, had a huge salad and brought most of the pizza home for the frig, a piece a day works well.  The mails were disappointing, no money once again.

So I've just stayed pretty much in this chair all day.  It takes a lot of discipline that comes very hard for me but with a stack of files looming one has to step up to the plate and take a swing or two.

Now its off to sleepy land and to prepare mentally for a 8 am meeting at Starbucks with a new friend, nope not talking at this point.

This evening I got a lead on someone who might be able to do writeups.  I hope it works out as I want to get work done much more quickly and take advantage of the fact that there is work out there right now.

So I'm sending you a good night wish, sleep tight.  And if you are reading Barbie and Gerry, thanks again for a wonderful gift of your time and help last week.  What a huge blessing you were!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment