Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Keanna's team made the finals, briefly

This evening Keanna's team played in the playoffs.  Within the first 30 seconds the other team scored but our little gals took turns freezing and playing and held them to 2 goals.  Keanna had very cold hands after the game.  I took a blanket, my chair and enjoyed the experience, bright lights beaming, team wet with dew.  Its what families do and it felt very good.

Earlier in the day I met a friend at Starbucks for a whole wheat bagle and decaf mocha.  We chatted and enjoyed our time of getting to know each other.  I've known her on a limited basis for the past 20 years but she was with someone during those years so it was just business, now that person and she are no longer together and she is open for new friendships.

I spent the day cranking out appraisals, taking care of conditions and coping with not feeling all that great.  I desperately need to get back into exercise as soon as I can.  My body is screaming for it.  Sometimes I wonder if all the times I've had to lift Starr has kept me from healing inside.  I do have limited pain at the spot where they actually took out the appendix.  I'll see my surgeon next Tuesday and find out a lot more.

Ray and Lois have gone back to San Jose so Ray can see his doctors as they plan for future surgery.  It feels different when they are away since they look in on me so often and text messages all day long.

I'm just back from Safeway, told myself if I could write one more report tonight then I could go do my grocery shopping.  So at 10 I emailed out the report and then I loaded up the car, cranked the heater, its 40 outside, enjoyed having the store to myself and snagged the items I'm wanting to have.  Now back home and ready to take Starr up to her little bed for the night.

Take care my friends and family,

love
tim

No comments:

Post a Comment