Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Handicapped

Good evening
It is now the evening of the second day and my hand is less in the air now.  I've labored today to get things written but only managed to ship out 2 reports.  working with one finger takes a lot of extra time to be sure.

The night went really well, yes i did wake often since I had my hand elevated on a pillow but each time I went right back to sleep.  At 6 the alarm jarred me out of bed and i woke to a cold world.  So I built a one handed fire which seemed to catch and roar just the same as a two handed fire.  Before long the house was warm.  Then it was time for oatmeal, stripples and a banana.

The rest of the day was spent here in this lovely office with Starr.  I managed to tidy things up a bit and then settled down to work.  Steve came by to assist with a couple files and let his dogs swim.  They barked and enjoyed themselves in the lake in spite of the cold.

Now its time to wind down.  Tomorrow I see an oncologist as a follow up to the tumor that was discovered during the surgery.  He will have the results of the CT scan from last Friday or was it monday.

My hand is healing quickly, nothing seeping through the bandages so far.  Its a challenge to type with the bandage in the way but it does not come off until Friday the 9th.

I've kept a fire going all day today.  I have this wonderful wood stack of oak wood which burns amazingly well.  Very thankful for it.

So now its time to wind it up for the day.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment