Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And the work pours in.....

Dear Family and Friends,
After a slow start the first of the year the work has picked up.  A few days ago I prayed that God would once again send work from a company called Property Science.  After a busy fall with their work I had seen nothing since the first of December.  Well beware what you pray for, this afternoon they called and eventually sent me 8 orders, all due in a relatively short time period.  Wow, that got my attention.  So having just had a salad with Ray and Lois at the local pizza place I'm back to get to work.

This morning I walked and then showered.  I spend the morning solving yesterdays problems and setting up orders.  Then at 1:20 I left deciding to drive the diesel beetle again.  It was fun to drive the old black beast with its 256,000 miles showing.  problem is the radio no longer works so its a time to phone friends and mediatate while driving.  Steve has promised that he will help me get the radio out and solve its problems.

So after a short stop at the bank to deposit some funds I drove to the Kaiser Office building and slipped into the diabetes class.  Once again it was very helpful answering many of the questions that come up.  Just by hearing certain truths over and over they start to become the backbone of behavior.  Once class was over I drove to Discovery Bay and shot some photos for a recent appraisal, then home to print out the many orders and to have a quick bowl of soup to go with the salad I knew I was soon to be having.  My blood sugar number before dinner was 113, a great number and progress.

This morning I broke for some friend eggs and a whole wheat english muffin and while I was at it boiled 7 eggs for snacking over the next few days.  I have found that if I bring the eggs to a boil and then turn off the heat, just let the eggs sit until the water is cold that the eggs are so tasty as a result.  Rather than boil them to death this method seems to work well.  I think this was Marilyn's method and it seems to be a great one.

So now I've avoided work for long enough. If I want to play I have to pay, working pays the many bills that loom all the time.

So sending love to all and a special hug to my great kids, how I treasure time spent with them either on the phone or in person.  What a huge blessing they are to not just me but to those around them every day.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment