Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our weather changes

Well we moved from cold to rain, we knew it was coming but now we are finally getting wet.  Its about time and in spite of seeing homes tomorrow I'm very glad we are having rain.  We need snow, rain, winter, bring it on.

Today I've kept a fire burning most of the day, burn day?  not sure, don't care, I just love the fact that our debt ridden local governments have the millions to keep a crew of police to track down dangerous citizens, you know those ones who dare to burn wood on days the state has declared no burn days, such people need to be stopped before they destroy their towns.  What a bunch of stupidity.  Yea, Jerry Brown, lets all vote to raise the taxes so we can build a high speed train that will connect two little towns in the valley, this state is wacked. 

Ken and I walked this morning in the freezing air and then my day started to slip a little bit. Instead of racing upstairs and showering I smelled the steel cut oats that had been cooking all night.  So I stopped for breakfast, then son Steve came with the dogs for a visit.  That was great as I've not seen Steve in awhile.  We talked shop and enjoyed the dogs swimming chasing tennis balls in the lake.  I had a fire burning in the stove so the dogs could warm up in the family room.

The orders have been pouring in lately and I've spent some time today just setting them up.  I've also finished up some revisions of prior appraisals and tried to ship out new work.  I left for Pittsburg to do a driveby for FANNIE MAE and then got back in time to pick up the girls.  We spent a fun time with Kallie picking the last of the little tomatoes.  She finds them and then brings them in and washes them in the kitchen sink standing on a chair, too cute.  Keanna was busy with homework and munching popcorn.

This evening I went to Subway with Lois for a garden burger 6 inch on wheat bread and since then I've been setting up more orders.  Someone better settle down and work and it better be me over the next few days.

I'm thankful for life, for rain, for children, for family, for friends and for a nice place to live.  How nice it would be to have someone of good character to live here with me, what joy that would bring.

Well for now I'm signing off and heading to bed.  Insulin is next and then sleep.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment