Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday

So here I sit, just finished talking to my older brother, a brother who just happens to be in much better shape than I am.  He lives in Weed and is in the midst of a pretty good storm, wind, rain, snow at times so his long walks in the woods have been curtailed as he is pretty much house bound.  Also he is suffering with a bad knee with an upcoming MRI to find its secrets.

I've been dodging the weather all day.  I rose at 6 this morning, showered and came down and went to work.  I got one out this morning, set up orders, made appointments and then left to see one in Antioch.  After that it was back to Discovery Bay to see one for cash.  Love those and they happen way to seldom.  The home is perfect and like so many other good people he is selling instead of enjoying the home into his retirement.  This one I'm preparing for some kind of government agency on his behalf.

This evening my blood numbers were down so low and I found myself so hungry that I decided to go out.  So this time I selected the Old Spaghetti Factory in Stockon.  In spite of the terrible road to get there I made the trip and the food was heavenly.  I had, get ready to be hungry, side of broccoli, senior portion of pasta with mushroom and mazithra cheese, bread and decaf.  They they held me down and forced me to have a little dish of ice cream.  It was terrible.  I found an app on the iPhone which lets you record food, its made for diabetes so counts carbs.  The food was perfect, hot and tasty and just the right amount.

Now I'm home out of the rain and ready to head to bed.  I'm so tired but its a good tired having finished some work today.

When driving I have time to think and my thoughts have been about discovering what is really important in my life at my age.  There are many things, goals that I used to think important which mean little to me now.  I do enjoy my kids and their kids very much.  Its inspiring to watch them work things out, to see their boundless energy which suddenly fails and they are ready to crash.  I love their artwork, their wanting to make me special pictures, read me stories and its a great joy to be with them all I can.

So very thankful for life in spite of it being rather empty at times.  I guess that its up to me to fill it with a little effort and some consideration.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment