Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Its Winter all right

As I've been writing reports today my feet have been freezing.  I'm still at the old computer afraid to make the big leaf and move to the new one in spite of the fact that its now supposed to be wonderful!!  I didn't build a fire today even though Ray tells me today was finally a burn day and last night was not, well my fire last night was wonderful and if the enforcer had come by I would have invited him in for a cup of mocha and to sit by the fire!

Today I've been writing up reports.  The first was a relocation one for a nice family leaving Brentwood for the east coast.  The home was perfect and the report was relatively easy to write compared to the last one where the flood had buckled due to a water leak and it was difficult to come up with a value that a willing buyer might be willing to pay.  The check for that one came over the weekend.  How nice those $500 checks are, how helpful in the scheme of things.

This evening I did the cheap pizza night at our local place.  I was proud in that instead of my normal least self control at the door approach tonight I had a huge salad with everything good in it and just had a couple little pieces of olive pizza. The rest is in the frig to be metered out in tiny pieces over the next few days.  For breakfast I did the oatmeal routine, it was great.  If I am to regain my youthful weight, that of about 15 years ago I'll have to make choices and keep making them until they become routine.  I keep hoping to be rescued by circumstances, someone else, divine intervention etc when I just need to change my habit patterns, eat smaller portions, include more  veges and fruits and back off on the bread a bit.  Today I've had lots of water and rewarded myself with a mocha after the water was down the hatch.

Well while I'm on a roll I'd better keep writing on the appraisal stack.  I'm so thankful to have work and the ability to handle the work as well.  Again in the morning I'm off to Antioch to see a purchase and then return to finish the report by evening.  For this bank I'll see a check in a few days, always a good thing.

Sending love to all, please pray for those individuals with special needs right now.  God knows and cares so much.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment