Sunday, January 15, 2012

Home from MBA

Dear Family and Friends,

After another great day with the kids I unhooked the water and electrical power, stored away the mechanical lifters which level the coach when I'm stopped and locked up all the drawers, turned off the water heater and enjoyed my trip home.  When I drive the coach I have a different attitude than when I'm in one of the cars.  I just try to make it as smooth and as safe as possible, I drive no more than 60 and enjoy the talk radio, try to get the temperature just right and keep it moving.  Tonight presented me with no difficult traffic and a clear path to home.  I estimate to have burned about 22 gallons or so on the trip which means the tank should be down to about the half mark.  Hopefully that will be enough to allow my local mechanic Pat to lower the tank, chase the wiring, perhaps even exchange the fuel tank and solve the gas gauge.  I do have to note that it is very unnerving to be driving with the gas gauge on empty all the time and hope that the last renters did really fill the tank before bringing it back.  One hopes that was the case.  Well I'm back after driving about 230 miles and there still is fuel at this point.

This morning I woke to have someone slap the side of the motorhome.  It was Jason and he was just back from a 7 mile run.  I rolled out, pulled on sweats and made my way to the beach.  I had it nearly to myself, the weather was mild, the waves crashing and it was a very special time.  Then a text came in with the promise of crepes back at the house.  So I quickened my pace and turned for home.

This week looks busy already.  Somehow I need to speed up the writing process, I do great getting out and seeing the properties but I fall down on getting them written up on time.  For one thing it is no fun, for another it takes total concentration for about 2 hours to get one done if all goes perfectly or 5 hours if problems pop up.  I find it very hard to stay focused that long.  A gene failure perhaps.

Well I just wanted to check in with you all and ask that you keep praying for special needs which are out there.  Its so hard to let God really be in charge, oh how we need His guidance and peace.

I made a nice discovery on Sabbath morning.  Jason and I were in Sabbath School with Timothy.  As Natalie taught the class she included a lot of singing and some of the songs were ones we both knew.  He knows many more than I do.  I found that I could sing without any pain and with a fairly clear voice.  Blending our voices together was really enjoyable and brought back a touch of the old days when singing was something I could count on to help in life.  There is a high roofed area just outside of our local pizza place where when one sings the sound comes back at you and it sounds great.  It is hard to walk through there without singing and hearing the sounds of ones voice.

Tonight I'm so thankful for every member of the immediate family, each one brings their own unique abilities and experiences to the table and I love them all.  Even Mia who is relatively new to the scene has a special charm.  She loves to smile, to each and is even trying to work her fork, she is a happy addition to a gifted family.  How blessed I am in those things that really matter!

Love to all

Tim

PS  I have a couple very dear friends who have known me for years and in spite of that still encourage me.  One is Fern and another is Dolly.  Well Dolly just turned 79, I'm just shocked.  I love seniors who never act old, never give up and always are pumping sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment