Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Settling into a work ethic

Dear Family and Friends,
We walked this morning in the bitter (37 degree) cold and then I raced to 10 am appointment.  The house was huge, 3400sf but the sun was out, no one was there and I could take my time and get it right.  Upon leaving I shot the comps and then drove to Diggers for breakfast, their hot cereal is great, the waitresses are really nice (cute) and the decaf was perfect.
Once I got home I set about getting the personal things going, at this moment I have a motorhome with a slightly damaged side, a civic with a door caved in and a beetle with a battery that won't hold a charge.  I decided it was time to deal with this so first the Civic, after a series of phone calls and a call from Nikki who still owns the car I have a 8:45 appointment with Mikes auto body in Pittsburg.  A rental car is supposed to be waiting for me there and that should get that repair going, then the motorhome came next.  The claims adjuster is to call in the next two days to come see the damage and get the repair process going.
I've got the beetle on the battery charge once again and I'll take it from there.

This afternoon I drove the motorhome down to the Safeway to show it to some people who are being forced from their home, they are renters and termites have been discovered.  So the house has to be tented and they are displaced for 3 days.  I feel for them.  Well they were going to rent my motorhome and park it in the street during those days.  Once look at the bathroom and they walked out, said it was too small for the guy.  I was not heart broken in that I had to deliver it, go pick it up and so perhaps this is better.  They are very challenging people and I'm sort of glad I don't have to cope with their demands.  Of course I could have used the money!

Work is coming in which is nice and no I've not switched back to my new computer yet.  The old one feels so comfortable.  Soon, very soon.

This evening Nikki let me know Kallie was once again taking swim lessons so I went in to see her.  She was not happy that her teacher was a boy, she had hoped for a girl teacher but she is so cute in her goggles and swim hat.  What a blessing the kiddos are.

So I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment