Monday, January 23, 2012

Long days

Dear Family and Friends,
Once again it is late but progress has been made today.

Last night was so bad with high winds, driving rain that I could hardly sleep.  At 2:45 I gave up and came down to tie down some of the loose things outside in the cold and wind.  I finally got back to sleep later after emailing and playing at my desk for awhile.  Tonight I intend to sleep God willing.

They called and this afternoon I finally was able to pick up the Civic again so now I'm driving my own car.  Feels nice and its nice to have the 6 CD changer again. 

This morning I inspected a local property that is about 80% completed.  It is a lovely home on the golf course and built so nicely with good quality design and materials.  I dodged the rain there with only a few sprinkles.  Then back to the house to work and once again out at 2 to see a little place in Brentwood.  The bad news is they purchased in 2008 for $218,000 and there are sales now at $95,000.  Amazing and of course having only one bath does not help values at all.

From that appointment I went to Road Runner RV to see if they would consider working on the RV repairing the damage that the last renter inflicted.  It might work out that they can help but the owners were ill today.

This evening I got word that the CO detector was now installed in the little Tracy home.  It is the law now that every sale has to have a CO detector so back I drove, put the headlights on the house so I could work the lockbox, shot a photo of the little device mounted on the wall and then having discovered that I had a head light out stopped at an auto supply store, found the light bulb, purchased it, drove home with one light and decided to see if I could install it myself.  The owners manual was not that helpful but then I just wrote in a message on google, fix headlight on 2005 civic and there was the answer.  So within a few minutes the light was fixed and for about $11.  Felt good to accomplish something.

Well now its bedtime for bonzo.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment