Monday, January 16, 2012

Back to work

Dear Family and Friends,

What fun!  Being back to work that is, well not really, I much prefer playing to working, chatting to driving, playing games with kiddos to measuring boring houses.  But life needs balance, also funds to keep it going.

This morning I rolled out to a very cold world, our weather had changed and the chill was everywhere.  As I eventually drove the little rental Ford to Richmond the sun was out but the air remained chilly.

The first house of the day was one where someone had done lots of showy work but then lost the house to the bank, at one point it had sold for over $500,000 but now its on the market for $105,000.  Once I entered I found no kitchen, just a room with empty 4 walls, I found the rest of the home to be intact, just needs some paint and some newer treatments.  In the back yard I found a fiberglass pool and little pool house, so many places have little surprises.

The next home was one I first inspected on an exterior basis only when it was purchased in August.  Back then it was the cheapest home in Orinda at the time and looked rough.  Today I found it still looking somewhat rough on the outside.  However as I measured i discovered a little gurgling brook running beside the home, a totally updated interior and it now is a very nice home.  I think they have lifted it from the $600K they paid to over $800K which is what the comparables are selling for.

Once I was through with Orinda I headed home and had virtually no traffic as I headed home due to the holiday.

Once home I settled in to work and have just completed one and emailed  it to the lender.  Now its bed time and sleep.

I built a fire this evening as it is going to be perhaps the coldest night of the season here, down into the 20s and for us that is cold, I might go out and drain the motorhome or put the furnace on to keep things from freezing.  I think I'll do that and turn them off tomorrow.

Please keep people with special situations in your prayers and that includes Art as he enters a special medical program in a few days.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment