Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Diabetes 101

Dear Family and Friends,
Well Kaiser came through once again today.  I think I mentioned that I was asked to attend a class which met from 2 to 4 this afternoon.  I've rarely been in a class where the instructor knew their material better than today.  It was excellent, she was funny, in charge, knew everything and kept it on track the whole afternoon.  I can't wait to go back next Tuesday.  Her main and only point was its the blood sugar that matters, the numbers are the bottom line.  She laid out clearly when to take the reading, what the reading should be range wise, what foods were best, what ones were not so good.  She dislikes sugar water, Gatorade etc.  Fortunately I don't like them either or sodas so we are good there.

I'm digesting as it were the various veges that are free, then there are ones that have to be measured, potatoes, corn, peas.  I'm liking Kaiser better all the time. 

After the class was over I raced to Pittsburg to see a big house.  I used an old trick, when its getting dark shoot the exterior photos of the subject, then go shoot the comps, then come back and inspect the inside.  Trouble was these dear people had turned off the power and the water.  So I used my iPhone as a flash light to go room to room, the pictures came out great and I got it done.

On the way home I weighed options, go to UNOs for soup or go to Winco and get groceries.  Well Winco won out.  I purchased many different frozen veges and some brown rice in bulk, tomatoes, bananas, potatoes and some almost butter.  The teacher made it sound like it was from heaven, I'll admit its pretty good.

Now I'm home figuring out what I need to do first, since its 10 pm, I'll sleep first.  We are walking in the morning, then at 10:15 I have a swallow study at Kaiser, trying to solve the cough, which has been much better lately, not sure why.  Bad in the morning though.  Then I get Keanna from school and later in the day I pick up Kallie so the afternoon will be exciting.

Life has its many challenges and only God knows the answers.  Please keep praying.  Tomorrow Art ventures south for some special medical attention.  We certainly pray for him.  He has fought a propane leak all day today in his beautiful 5th wheel trailer but as of this evening it appears to be solved.  Even neighbors could smell the propane, a faulty valve appears to have been the problem but the new one failed too.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment