Sunday, January 22, 2012

here comes the week, are we ready for this?

Dear Family and Friends
Once again this will be short, this has been a pretty good day except for the loss by my beloved 49ers.  They played pretty well and yes there were key mistakes but when was the last time you or I lived a day without mistakes, just when you are on national TV and make them they are a bit more obvious and you never really live them down.

This morning I climbed onto the tread mill and set it to go.  We traveled up and down and 30 minutes later the room did not seem so cold.  I had checked my blood to find it was 122, a very good resting number for me.

After a small breakfast of whole wheat English muffin with avocado, small bowl of cereal and soy milk with orange I waded into an appraisal.  I was so cold and had not built a fire.  I went scavenging in the garage and found a nice little foot warmer with massage tucked away in a corner.  I brought it in, plugged it in and in a few minutes my feet were toasty warm, relaxed, what a nice way to beat the cold.  I've found that if I sit my coffee cup on the top of the oil heater Steve is letting me use it stays warm longer.  So I have this little place I work with foot warmer, classical music, well this morning it was Frank Sinatra for a change and later back to classical.  I have the printer, nice keyboard, overhead light and just the right amount of space to work.  Cozy and pleasant.

I had an appointment to see a 4 plex in Oakland at 2:30 and at 2:33 I pulled up.  The owner had asked a friend named Solomon to meet me and he was there.  All the tenants were gracious and let me inspect and in a few minutes I was through.  Then I got the chance to talk to Solomon and we realized that he is a person that has been ordering appraisals lately and paying me well to do them.  It was great to meet him and he is knowledgeable and professional.  Small world takes on more meaning sometimes.

Then I drove to Tracy to reinspect a property that was supposed to be ready for me.  Well it sort of was but there was no CO detector installed and that is now a silly California law, why can't they stop with the constant stream of laws?  So now I'll have to drive back yet again since the CO detector was not on site.  Oh well I drove home and made some great soup, extra water helps it go further!

Then back to work and I finished one and shipped it out.  Then I turned to a tough one that has been hanging over my head and now I'm through with that one as well.  But its so late.

Tomorrow Art begins special treatments at Loma Linda, could you join me in remembering this very special child of God as takes this important step.  He and Connie are living in their beautiful 5th wheel trailer for a few weeks.

Well we have a new week to put our stamp on.  It is my prayer that we can find people who need our smiles, our kind words, our love.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment