Friday, January 6, 2012

This one went fast.......

Dear Family and Friends,

I actually argued with Lois this afternoon, this could not be Friday already, well I should have known, the woman was right again!

This morning saw me in Alamo at 10.  Interesting gay couple, great guys, one from Hawaii and they were collectors of everything,  oh my, its not just women that collect things!  The place was very interesting and had a large site, views, a pool, dozens of different kinds of plants, trees, shrubs, vegetables etc.  While it could be a wonderful place it was not quite there at the present time.  So while listening to the final chapters of Reversal I drove all over the little roads finding 8 comparables.

After leaving Alamo the next destination was Oakland.  On the way various urges led me to a very nice little Italian place where I had spinach tortellini's.  Their bread is great, even the diet coke was good, perhaps I was hungry! 

Upon leaving the GPS guided me back to the freeway and finally to my destination off 98th.  Now this is Oakland one lives a little closer to his maker when in Oakland. Today it went fine and since I was reviewing an appraisal done in 2007 I did not leave the car, and speaking of the car, this rental car, a Ford Fusion is really nice.  Today I confirmed that it does indeed have a 6 speed transmission and it really is deceptive, it is going 75 way before you notice and so smooth.  Great fun to enjoy a new car, sort of like a vacation, remember change is a vacation.

After the Oakland job was done I turned to Concord where I had to do a follow up inspection of a home that someone was daring to sell without the new state mandated CO detector, who dreams up these things?  Well on the way the insurance adjuster for the motorhome called to say he could be at my house by 4, that worked for me.  Once I arrived at the home to reinspect I found NO detectors, no thermostat, nothing had been done that was supposed to be completed!  So that was a wasted trip, will they pay me the $75, who knows?

From Concord I came home the back road, the one the GPS hates.  It keeps saying no no no but after awhile it gives up and plots the new course.  It has no way of learning from its mistakes so its always the same.  I arrived home 3 minutes early and waited for the inspector.  He was down at the end of the street viewing the poor Saab that lost its bumper when my renter sideswiped it.  Then he came to see the motorhome.  He was a super nice guy and ask if I knew where to get a motorhome fixed.  I told him I didn't know but had heard that Manteca had an RV place that could do it.  So he took tons of photos and is going to contact some RV repair places he can look up and we'll go from there.

Well for now I'm worn out.  Glad to have work, love having family, treasure my friends and am thankful for the good Lord's blessings, forgiveness and eternal optimism.





Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment