Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kiddos to the rescue

until they arrived it was just another day!  Then the kiddos are here and the house is noisy, lights blaze, boxes and toys are everywhere, now there is some life in here.  pasta is boiling on the stove, kids TV programs blare, this is good!

looks like tomorrow the kids will get together to exchange Christmas gifts, Nikki has taken the day off to spend with her girls and they will drive down to spend some time with the cousins.  It will be good.

this morning I was up early, worked a bit and then headed to Pittsburg, a trip of about 40 minutes not counting traffic.  I had an 8:45 appointment with Mike's Auto body and once arriving I discovered that Geico had an office there in the building and so did Enterprise Car Rental.  So in 10 minutes I was driving in a Ford Fusion.  What a nice car, comfortable, solid on the road and I counted at least 5 shifts, so it has at least a 5 speed transmission.

Once I was on the road I drove to Kaiser where I had blood work done, mostly to discover the A1C so we can make intelligent decisions about adding insulin to my daily schedule.  Althought it took a few minutes in typical Kaiser fashion the blood draw went perfectly.  Then I was back on the road to see a huge house in Brentwood, over 3,400sf, this one was really attractive and in perfect condition.  After shooting the comps a quick stop at Burger King provided a garden burger lunch with salad.

This afternoon I've been working, ordering checks for the business, ordering handles for the frig in the motorhome and taking care of business.

Yes I'm still on the old computer, its a big leap to switch over to the new one and I'm not looking forward to it at all.  But sooner or later I'll have to make the move.

Our weather is like summer right now, cold nights but warm days, too warm for this time of year, we need rain, snow, wind, WINTER!  This evening I built a fire and just after sitting down the phone rang.  It was Jerrry, my brother.  He was excited because Sibyl, our sister had just called from Ohio and was able to chat with him.  Shortly thereafter my ear buzzed and on the cell it was my sister calling me.  We have been very concerned in that we knew she had a heart attack and was battling for her life and then we did not hear for weeks.  All my phone calls went unanswered.  Well she is in a rehab center, is getting stronger, has dropped 60 pounds and sounded good on the phone.  It was enjoyable to be able to speak to both brother and sister within a few minutes.

Well for now I'm going to sign off.  I have a report to finish but I think it will happen in the morning, I'm going to bed.  Tired, sleepy and ready to crash.

Sending love and heartfelt thanks for your prayers for those people with special needs.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment