Monday, February 13, 2012

Back to work.... in the rain

Talk about a bummer, measuring homes in the rain, its the sheet of paper that you write down the numbers on, the sketch that starts to get wet, then wetter and finally begins to tear as you write on it, so fun.  But the rain was not bad, not really, just enough to get the little hat out on my coat.  The lady was incredible, funny, bright and helpful.  She is on her way to Belgium to have hip surgery on both hips and taking a second on her house to pay for the process, cash up front but supposed to be the best.  Wow what a leap of faith.

Once through with her home I found myself sort of thinking it would be nice to see her again some day.  Get the hips fixed and then we'll see.

I found a Starbucks and had a multi grain bagel, and tried to use my laptop but the glare was so awful that I could not see the screen, oh well, I'll figure it out.  Then it was back to the car and to Discovery Bay to measure yet another home.  While rain threatened it did not happen.  I found a nice home that had new carpet, clean walls, pool and pond and selling for $310K  About 3,000 sf of home a few blocks from a lake.

Then the fun began.  I needed to measure the inside of the 8400 sf home that I measured the outside of yesterday.  When I approached this 4 million dollar home I found the most amazing thing.  Someones key were in the lock on the front door and a cleaning rage was thrown on the porch, what should I do, the owner wants me to finish the report fast and he said the cleaning lady would be there today so i could get in.  So finally I opened the door and began to yell, appraiser.  I continued to yell appraiser for the next 20 minutes while I measured every inch of the inside of this massive home and I never met anyone.  Now the problem is I don't have a phone number or a way to reach the owner.  He paid me in cash so I have to wait on him to contact me.  So at least I got the inside of the mansion measured but it was very scary, I could just see a maid with a gun around every corner and can you believe the home was open!!  keys in the lock and no one was there.  I wonder if it is still open now?  Did the maid come back to get her keys?  Was she told to leave it open?  Wonder of wonders.

After that I came home to work, to find out that no money came in the mail, bummer!  I started to work and then the girls arrived as they were selling girl scout cookies, our kind neighbors bought some and I went for a box of mints.  Barb and Gerrys box is here so now I need to find an excuse to get up and see them to deliver the goods!

Well I'm trying to get another one out tonight, might not make it tonight but thanks to Steve's help two are out this evening, that is wonderful.

This evening we tried out a local Mexican place at the Safeway shopping center.  The burrito was great and it was fun to eat with the girls.

Love to all,    the adventure of life continues, oh the challenges we face, our God never sleeps and He cares.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment