Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Beautiful homes

Well today was chilly but enjoyable.  Ken and trudged our way around the lake complaining about how the chill was getting through out winter clothes.

Once I was back I had a quick breakfast and then some even quicker research and hit the road.  The road today led to Alamo, an area of fine homes many of which are perched on interesting lots with views.  Today the home was constructed at the bottom of a canyon and had no yard, just giant oak trees, sloping hills, turkeys and deer.  The home was a contemporary design with flowing terraces outside which led nearly around the home and afforded views and privacy.  Floors were maple hardwood in perfect condition, one wonders if people really live there, everything is so nice and in its own place.  Fireplaces were made of sandstone, kitchen counters were granite as were surfaces in bathrooms.  It was just a very interesting place to see.  The lady was the wife of an eye doctor, now retired and they live a nice life wanting to downsize but they can't sell, no one is looking in the million plus price range at the present moment.  Obama has they all scared, he wants more of their money so they don't know what to expect so they just take it carefully and have stopped spending.

After I left Alamo I drove to Pleasanton where I inspected a much smaller home, instead of 4200 sf it was 1232 sf.  It was perfect, rose bushes everywhere and many fruit trees and a great guy.  I found out his mechanic of many years is Art's son in law Harry, he runs a shop nearby and has a great reputation.

Then it was home to fix dinner, I made something new tonight in a fry pan that turned out splendid, had a box of ingredients and worked with my vege burger perfectly.  So yummy.

Now its bed time.  My board of orders is full again and I have no trouble figuring out what to do with my time, WORK.  At least finally the money is coming in so bills can be caught up.  That will make me feel good.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment