Saturday, February 25, 2012

A varied Sabbath, a blessing

Dear Family and Friends,

11:40 and once again I've let bedtime slip by.  This evening I got hooked on a religious movie on a Christian channel that I'd not found before.  The story was about the end time but had some twists that are different from what I believe, yet very interesting, enough so I could not turn it off till it was over.

This morning I woke and prepared for taking the girls to Sabbath School.  Kim started with just two little girls, Kallie and another little girl and gradually the attendance grew until there must have been 12 kiddos in the room, we were overloaded and stuffed but it was exciting.  I was worried because I saw yellow around Kallie's eye and she seemed sleepy.  Keanna told me it was left over from the face painting she got last night at the pizza place, there is a lady who dresses up like a clown and does face painting, the girls love it.

Wouldn't you know Keanna's battery on the ipod ran out on the way to church so she wanted to play with the iphone, problem was Kallie was already playing with the iphone so they sort of battled over it and finally worked out a sharing arrangement that got us all the way back to Safeway where Keanna started selling Girl Scout cookies with her mom and Kallie finished her lunch in the car with me.  Later in the afternoon I decided to drive over the San Carlos to retrieve the pots and pans and other kitchen items that my last motorhome renter had taken out of the coach when they loaded for their trip.  I'm not sure what they were thinking because the coach was returned to my house at the end of the trip and all the kitchen items ended up stuck at their home.  Anyway I decided to take a nice drive in the sunshine over there.  All was going great until all traffic came to a halt on the San Mateo bridge.  Eventually, 24 minute later I was ablet to see a totally burned black small station wagon, could not even tell what it was.  Then traffic was instantly up to speed.

It was a pleasant afternoon and this evening I visited Winco, my go to store for cheap food.  Eventually my list was exhausted and I loaded it all in the bug and came home to unload it.  Things really are less expensive there.  My grillers are like $2.29 a box and at other places I've paid over $5.00 for the same box.  I purchased a lot of steel cut oats only to discover the sack had a hole and I was shooting oats all over, double bagging stopped that finally.

I just spoke with Art and he is past the mid point for his proton treatments.  Connie is on a multi week trip to South America and is in Brazil today but Art is fine with that, he is doing what he needs to do and she is enjoying a trip with her sister and other friends.

Thank you Lord for the Sabbath, a break in a working world we find ourselves in these days.

Love to all

Tim

PS  Jason and family are in San Diego enjoying a long weekend with friends and are having a great time.  Oh and me, well I'm working all day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment