Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day

Dear Family and Friends,

Nice winter day here in California, chilly, overcase, a good day to stay in by the fire and a holiday at that.  Well I stayed in but had no fire and did not take the day off.

Ken and I walked this morning and enjoyed the chance to get some fresh air.  Then for me it was back to make some whole wheat pancakes which were great.  After a quick shower it was commute to the office and settle in for writing reports.  I knew I had to get the field review for Stockton completed.  I dreaded it since they always take so many hours and then they come back for revisions over and over again.  Finally at 3:30 it was completed and I shipped it out.

Then it was time to turn to a REO appraisal for a nice little property in Livermore.  Its been years since I did the REO addendum so I dreaded that.  It was due at 5 pm but at 4:30 I could tell I was not going to make the 5 pm deadline so I emailed them the news.  Finally a few minutes ago I completed it and shipped it out.  Once these things get done they tell quite a story about the market and what values should be.

Now I have a couple quick and dirty little ones to get out and head to bed.  This afternoon I walked out to find out my Civic had come home.  A friend was hit by a jacked up jeep and had such poor insurance that it didn't even buy my friend a rental car while hers was being repaired so she has used the Civic.  It felt good to help someone out and when I opened the card she left for me it had two very large gift certificates for my favorite place, The Olive Garden.  wow was I shocked and surprised.

New orders have slowed down but I have several to get written and completed.  I think I go to Brentwood in the morning and then Lodi to see a ranch.  Back on the road again.

I've had a better day illness wise, little coughing and thanks to Steve's loaned heater I've stayed comfortable all day.  Its a pretty amazing heater, filled with oil and radiates heat out just where a person needs it, up close.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment