Friday, February 17, 2012

Once again the week grinds to a halt.

Have you been busy this week?  I know I surely have been and I have many reports on the finished pile to show for it.  Yet there are others waiting to be completed but for now its Friday night and time to hang up the keyboard for some relaxing and a warm fire.

Tomorrow promises to be interesting.  I'm picking up Kallie at 8:30 and we will head to McDonalds for some breakfast.  Then we will drive to Tracy for Sabbath School, an event that Kallie loves.  Once we are through there we'll drive toward Roseville where we will meet up with Barbara and Gerry Lammerding at the Old Spaghetti factory.  We'll deliver some girl scout cookies and have a nice lunch, then I'll get a chance to meet with Jenny and Tim who are going to be married later this spring.

Kallie and I will drive back and by then Nikki and Keanna will be finished selling cookies at the local Safeway.  On Sunday I'll take Keanna to Concord for a basketball game mid day, it should be fun.  She is enjoying the indoor soccer games she is involved in and has scored yet another goal.

I'm frustrated with my health or lack of it.  I have a day like today with hardly any coughing and in which I feel pretty well, then the next day I feel rotten, cough all day and end up with a sore gut from pulled muscles.  Its been about 3 weeks of this.

This afternoon I had an appointment at Kaiser to have my eyes checked to see if the diabetes had caused them harm.  The report was good, nothing bad so far and they scheduled me to have my vision checked, its been a couple years and my correction may need to be adjusted.  I'm so impressed with just how organized they are at Kaiser. I was whisked right in at appointment time, a medical assistant dilated my eyes and prepared me for the doctor.  The doctor was with me for 2 minutes, pronounced everything was good and left.

I had an interesting inspection at 4:30.  I could not tell you too much about the house other than it was perfect and the gay couple have done a great job of caring for it.  Everything was so bright and even with the funky glasses they hand you driving was challenging, seeing was fuzzy and I was glad when things started getting better.  I really can't believe it is legal for them to release you to drive with such a vision impediment.

So here is hoping you have a great weekend, please take time to love the one you are fortunate enough to be with.

Love


tim

No comments:

Post a Comment