Thursday, February 23, 2012

Running on low

Dear Family and Friends,

What a day, Ken insisted on walking in the tornado, well the winds were blowing pretty hard all night.  But once we got out there it wasn't bad.  Does that mean I'll walk on my own tomorrow since Ken has meetings on Friday mornings, no way.  I'm taking a break.  Besides I have tons of work to do and a very busy day ahead.

Today I thawed out a beautiful loaf of bread Jo had made recently and toasted a couple slices, wow was it great,  Felt like you were eating something like a work of art, very very good and for lunch I had a griller on toasted Jo bread, tasted great again.  How fun, to eat something created by hand instead of a huge machine somewhere.  Thanks Jo!

I've been cranking work out like mad today.  For a change I've had some easy direct forward stuff instead of complicated multi million dollar ones.  Its been a nice change and the new computer can keep up with me no matter how fast I want to type, slam photos in, sketch, whatever its there and ready.

Late this afternoon I decided it was time to head to Hayward, an hour drive to do a driveby review, its due tomorrow and needs the field work to be done.  Traffic was pretty good but the diesel in my tank was pretty low and I wasn't sure how I could get more but I took off.  On the Livermore side of the hill the light came on at 560 miles which gave me about a gallon left.  So I stopped at a station but it would not take the American Express card so I put in what I had, $5.00 and got 1.2 gallons.  That took me to Hayward and back to the station across the street which did take the AMEX card this evening.  $53 to fill a little VW but I'll get nearly 600 miles so its still cheap enough.  I'm bless with this little bug and then I have the nice Civic as a backup so car wise I'm doing pretty well right now.

Once I got home I settled into deal with the emails, conditions and write one more report.  Its done now and shipped out via their web site.  I'm counting on getting money in the mail tomorrow.  It is overdue now and I'm ready for some bucks, Steve too as some of the money is his once the check arrives.  I was suppose to see a speech therapist in the morning, she is going to teach me how to swallow more strongly to head off the cough.  But I wasn't sure how I could pay the possible co pay so I cancelled and I'll use the time to get ready for the day.

We have had incredible wind all night and most of the day today, white caps on the lake and diving birds, one stayed down so long I thought he had drowned but pretty soon up he popped.

I had a chance to talk to friends today as I drove and it was great.  There is nothing more precious than family and friends, words exchanged calm inner fears, help us feel better about ourselves, help us feel human again.  Never underestimate the power and value of your words invested in another human being.  They can make a huge difference, I know, I live in a lonely world a lot of the time, I'm busy and I'm surrounded by beautiful music, my cats and sometimes by the kiddos which makes it great but caring words are very precious to me.

Please keep praying for my loved ones.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment