Saturday, February 4, 2012

A day to recharge ones batteries!

Dear Family and Friends,

Finally I slept last night, I mean I really slept with hardly a bad dream and no awake hours in the midst of the night.  I woke up before 7 feeling refreshed. Unfortunately also with a sore throat and coughing.  When I made contact with Nikki I learned that Keanna at a basketball game at 9 here in Discovery Bay so I met Kallie, Nikki and watched Keanna race around over the floor giving it her best.  There is this little problem that she can't yet shoot the ball high enough to reach the basket but its so fun to watch all the little kiddos race around doing their best.

After the game was over I came back to the house and changed jeans for slacks and drove to Tracy SDA church where the pastor presented a challenging sermon.  Afterwards I drifted toward Olive Garden where lunch was excellent. 

Upon arriving home I found a bleak mailbox offering, NO MONEY!  I also had a chance to chat with Ray and Lois, later we drove into Brentwood where I could get a drawer rear hanger for the motorhome and they could catch a burrito.  While we were in Brentwood I had a chance to pick up some fruit and other needed items from the cheap grocery story, Food Max.  Ray is a master at finding the best bargains so that is always fun and a learning experience for me.

I've caught up on an episode of NY CSI, I enjoy seeing the main character Gary Senese and tonight's program was interesting.  I also toasted a couple slices of the home made bread and had tomato slices on them along with a bowl of low fat soup.

Now I'm winding it up, will change the sheets and see if I can have two nights of good sleep.  By the way the drawer is fixed in the motorhome, sort of felt good to pull out the tools and fix something with my hands again.  Tomorrow will be a day of writing reports.  There are many that need to go out and the new computer speeds up the process, it really computes rapidly.  Unfortunately I discovered that for some reason it is stamping the date of my license as 1903 instead of 2013 and there is nothing I can do to change it so once I get the report written over there in the new computer I'll have to save it to the server in the corner and then come, open it in the old computer and sign and ship from here.  I know the tech guys will solve it on Monday but for now its a glitch.

Sending love to all,  I so enjoyed watching both Keanna and Kallie in action this morning, they are delightful, so full of fun and energy.  Then I got a couple texts this afternoon from Jo, they were on the beach at MBA enjoying a beautiful day of sun and the texts were photos of Mia sipping a chocolate drink and then discovering things in the sand on the beach, very very cute.  They were heading to Big Sur to look over the site for the upcoming marathon.

Sending love to all tonight,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment