Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Calm Restful day at MBA

Its 10:30 and Jason and Jo are just back from a special concert in Santa Cruz.  Jason surprised Jo by having tickets to a sold out concert for a ukulele playing performer from Hawaii.  He is one of the best in the world and played to a crowd that appreciated his craft.

Meanwhile Papa was running day care.  Mia is now walking several steps at a time and along with Timothy had a great time playing and getting along very well.  Timothy ate his delicious toasted cheese sandwich that his Daddy made but Mia was not too interested in eating this time.  She went down at 7 and Timothy started to go down at 8 but it was later, much the same as when Kallie starts to go down at 7:30 and finally makes it later.  I read Timothy stories, we prayed and he snuggled in under his little blanket.

Once they were down I started work on an appraisal.  I was able to control my home computer, email myself an appraisal that I needed to walk over and then worked it up at the kitchen table here on the little laptop.  In the process I discovered I need a coupe more comps so will shoot photos of them as I drive through Livermore tomorrow, that is always a blast with the motorhome, shooting comp photos!

Once I get home I've agreed to measure the exterior of the 8400 sf home I'm working on in Discovery Bay.  I have to get it done as quickly as possible so he can face his divorce process.  Don't envy him at all, his taxes are in the neighborhood of $36,000 a year, just property taxes.  Wow, its a different world that I know or understand.  But I can sure appreciate the quality of the home, its really beautiful with its 8 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms, garages for about 5 or 6 cars and a kitchen family room that is larger than my home.

I'm not looking forward to going back to work but I do like the money that will eventually come in.  I'm feeling better, not over the terrible coughing yet, have some concerns about what it is that I have.  Jo has been making tea for me and its great stuff, just had a cup before I came out to the motorhome.  I have the heater on as the night is cold.  So glad I bought propane.

MBA has been great, in the morning I'll take a walk to the beach, just not right to come here without seeing the ocean up close.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment