Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Serious hard work

Dear Family, Friends and anyone else who happens by

Another long work day, it started with a 6 am alarm, work for one hour, then walk with Ken for the big three miles, then back to shower, eat a quick breakfast of Wheaties and hit the road.  Inspected a nice clean rental in Antioch and then back to pick up Keanna from school.

She did her homework, snacked on pasta and enjoyed some TV, then her mom came and the house was too quiet again.  I've just kept working all day.  As of this point I'm still behind but am turning some corners.  Steve has been a great help and I appreciate all the work, have enjoyed meeting the homeowners but just need to get this stuff written and out.  Amazingly it can take up to 4 hours to get one written and out the door.

This evening Jim, my miracle IT guy came over and picked up the laptop to reformat it, give it a new life.  We determined that there was nothing on it that needed to be saved so we just are going to wipe it clean and start again in hopes that it will work better, find WiFi hot spots and do what it is supposed to do.

This evening I had a surprise call from my sister Sibyl.  She lives in Ohio and has struggled with a spider bite that turned very ugly.  It has taken several months now of being in the hospital and she is still not on her feet.  We had a great talk and I was delighted to hear from her.

I'm heading to Jason and Jo's this weekend and am already looking forward to it.  I'll be very glad to see Mia and Timothy again and of course their parents too.  It will give me a chance to burn down some more motorhome gas so its easier for the local guy to fix the fuel guage, he will have to drop the tank and fuel weighs a lot.

I'm feeling a little better but still very rough.  I'm thankful for the help God has given me today to work.  It was quiet, too quiet.  I discovered that my cell phone was off, seems they wanted money and of course since I've not had any money come in for a few days I was stuck.  And I had the other lines call forwarded to it so nothing rang, clients were complaining and so this afternoon I got the phone turned back on.  It really is always something going south around here.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment