Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sanity returns

Good evening, this time it really is.

We've just come home from dining at Gratzie's a very special place in Brentwood at the Streets of Brentwood.  We enjoyed broccoli soup and salad while Gerry had the salmon.  It was fun, must nicer than last evening when the office and the owner were in breakdown mode.

I finally went to bed at 12:45 after trying three different hubs without success.  Jim came this morning, he is my IT guy and keeps me going with a gentle soft word and expertise.  He went to my computer, the old one and disconnected the network card, then reconnected the card, restarted the server and suddenly everything was back on, working perfectly.  Oh what a relief it was.

Thanks to Steve three reports have gone out today and another will go out before I turn in tonight, at least that is my hope, otherwise I'll do it in the morning as I see the clock says 9:48 already.  Steve helps write up the reports after I've seen the property and does an excellent job with words, wisdom and the little details.

This afternoon Keanna came to call, she was full of life and ideas, playing with her ipod touch and conspiring with Barbie.  They worked in the kitchen cleaning up together and then they went to Dollartree in Brentwood.  Keanna had so much fun and all this after her homework was completed.  She is doing multiplications of 12 now.  I don't think I ever learned that high.  She is pretty well obsessed with doing well at school and has really found her calling even wanting to be a teacher.  I'm so very impressed with her teachers and especially her teacher this year.  What a gem.

Tomorrow Gerry and I are hitting the road and need to be in El Cerrito by 9:30, then we get to take a break, drive up to Vacaville and have lunch with Roger Peden who is in town, Sacramento, visiting his family.  We'll have lunch in Vacaville somewhere and then Gerry and I will head back to Hayward to do a little property with 2 houses on one site.  By then we'll be very ready to limp home again having done our work.

I am so thankful for God's help last night, while I wanted Him to fix things last night and went to be with a bit of grumbling and a stress level so high that sleep was fitful at best.  Yet this morning Jim was here and solved the problems in his quiet manner.  What a great part of my life.

At 10 this morning we had the motorhome in Brentwood at Road Runner RV to get an estimate of what they would charge to fix the last smashup by a renter.  They will tell me in a few days.  I can see the day when the motorhome is no longer here.  Its expensive and a constant source of challenges.  Oh how I love to hit the road with it but I'm adjusting to the idea that some day I may have to let it go.

Barb and Gerry have been busy today, the garage floor is clean, beetle has fresh wash job and interior cleaning as well.  Barbie has sinks, her bathroom and the kitchen in fine shape.  They come to visit but work the whole time.  Wish it could be different.

I want to thank you for your prayers when you read the blog.  Once again I am asking for your prayers for people we love who are facing special challenges.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment